With a Billionaire's Support, Gov. Kristi Noem deploys National Guard to the Southern Border

By Hannah Claire Brimelow

South Dakota Governor Kristi Noem ois sending the National Guard members to the border.

The attention-grabbing move comes after Governor Greg Abbot of Texas and Governor Doug Ducey of Arizona requested support on the Mexican border, including additional law enforcement personnel and resources such as helicopters and drones.

On Twitter, Governor Noem said “The Biden Administration has failed to keep America safe. We shouldn’t be making our own communities vulnerable by sending police to fix Biden’s border crisis.”

Fifty members of the South Dakota National Guard will deploy to the southern border. Willis Johnson, the GOP megadonor from Tennessee, confirmed “his eponymous endowment will donate an undisclosed amount to South Dakota’s Emergency and Disaster Fund to underwrite the deployment of up to 50 National Guard personnel to Texas for as long as two months,” according to The Daily Beast.

Johnson reportedly reached out to Kristi Noem after she announced she would be honoring the request made under the Emergency Management Assistance Compact. He says he will only be offering financial support to South Dakota because he believes the state has fewer resources.

After a decade running a junkyard in California, Johnson built his estimated $2.2 Billion fortune from “the damaged auto auction company Copart” which he founded in 1982.

He views his donation as apatriotic and public-spirited endeavor” rather than a political move. Political participation is prohibited by the Internal Revenue Service by charities like the Willis and Reba Johnson’s Fund.

Kristi Noem previously served in the House of Representatives from 2011 to 2018. Her website notes “As Governor, Noem has respected the rights of her people by trusting them to exercise their personal responsibility to make the best decisions for themselves, their loved-ones, and – in turn – their communities.”

“Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis and Iowa Gov. Kim Reynolds both announced they will send state law enforcement details to the Lone Star State, while Noem is the only one to send National Guard troops,” Business Insider reports.

In a written statement, Greg Abbott called on his fellow governors to join him in correcting the crisis at the border. “Our efforts will only be effective if we work together to secure the border, make criminal arrests, protect landowners, rid our communities of dangerous drugs, and provide Texans with the support they need and deserve.”

For corrections please email [email protected]

12 responses to “With a Billionaire’s Support, Gov. Kristi Noem deploys National Guard to the Southern Border”

1. axegarden says:

The first sentence has a typo and is grammatically incorrect. C’mon now.

2. Human says:

Thank you to all the governors that still care about our nation and the citizens that live in it!

3. NSX_SPICEMAN says:

LOL true dat

4. Goldwolf says:

Try using Word, copy and paste. Then you can edit before you post. Also, perhaps you could use complete sentences and proper grammar. After reading your post I am not sure you are for what Gov. Kristi Noem did, or against it. I am not trying to be a ass here, but it may sound like it, and I make no claim to having perfect grammar either. But if you post something that I can’t fully understand there may be others having the same problem.

5. Element says:

Kristi has shown her true colors to be red, white, and blue by being the only govenor to never impose “covid” lockdowns or mask mandates. Sure DeSantis did end up lifting restrictions earlier than other states (after Georgia) but Kristi never imposed them in the first place. The only thing I can find about her and CRT is her saying she pledges to fight it and keep it out of schools.

6. Red-Pill_Ruggs says:

Interesting. I’m actually moving to South Dakota form Long Island NY next month.

7. MFnHammer says:

WISH there was an edit button! Auto correct sucks, and always has! Sorry about the misspellings, and grammatical errors!

8. MFnHammer says:

HATE to say it, but she’s already shown her true colors. I can’t remember EXACTLY what it was about, I believe it was either CRT or transginger issues Point being, I WON’T vote for someone pisses into the political ‘wind’, and goes in that opposite direction. I KNOW I’m not the only one thinking this way, and can guarantee atleast 20 more votes in my are that feel the same.

The #1 issue in my political sphere is OUTING #corruption. PERIOD. Full stop! There are many other dinning room table ‘issues’, BUT…….. It starts and ends there for the most part. I DON’T give a F whether it’s R or D next to there name, but…… I garantee, if their credible(have PROVED their credible from either issues statements, and/or acctions), and demand the fed reserve(which is NEITHER federal or a reserve) abolished. They have my vote, because 99% of our issues in my opinion, ‘stem’ from that! ‘They’ work/spend HARD to keep us ‘divided’!

Eric Weinstein says it best: It’s something along the lines of, we have ‘elite’ chairs. We’ve always had them. We’ve always trusted them. They are at the current time, issued to either LITERAL idiots, and/ore #corrupt people. Those ‘institutional’ chairs have ALWAYS been trusted, UNTIL now. Long story short, these ‘chairs’ are filled with opportunist(willing to do ANYTHING for money) puppets, paid for the international banking ‘elites'(what THEY call themselves, in reality, their scum). Would REALLY like to push timcast trying to get Eric Wienstein on the show! He won’t automatically do shows, due to clicks, and has said as much. That said, IMHO you all have earned your credibility!

9. TLE03 says:

10 years and 2.2 billion from a junk yard Inc, damn I’m in the wrong industry

10. DeafBabydwiver says:

It’s hot down here, I tellya wHat 106 at high noon.
    Not for the weak that’s for sure.

11. Cleffy says:

Imagine you left your PD during the riots to go to South Dakota only to be sent to South Texas.

12. DeafBabydwiver says:

you have a typo in the top line