activism /

WATCH: Massive Rally in DC for 49th Annual March for Life

The 49th annual March for Life once again drew tens, possibly hundreds, of thousands of pro-life activists to Washington, DC on January 21 — one day before the anniversary of Roe v. Wade.

This year, activists in attendance were filled with hope that this may be the last year that the march is necessary in its current form, as the conservative-majority Supreme Court is poised to potentially overturn the landmark 1973 Roe v. Wade decision.

“We are hoping and praying that this year, 2022, will bring a historic change for life,” Jeanne Mancini, president of March for Life, the event’s organizer, said during her speech at the rally.

“Roe,” Mancini added, “is not settled law.”

Seamus Coughlin was on the scene for Timcast speaking to those in attendance who braved the cold to stand up for the rights of the unborn.

Though there was a large Catholic and Republican presence, Coughlin spoke to an anti-Capitalist and an atheist who were there standing against abortion.

President Joe Biden and Vice President Kamala Harris released a statement on Saturday saying that the right to abortion “is under assault as never before” and that they are committed “to ensuring that this country is not pushed backwards on women’s equality.”

Editor’s Note: Coughlin is an outspoken pro-life advocate and this segment is from his perspective.

10 responses to “WATCH: Massive Rally in DC for 49th Annual March for Life”

1. Moiseevy1 says:

Shamus!!!

2. Stephen14 says:

Wether one lives or dies should not be based on where they reside there are three human beings involved the mother the child and the father using exceptions to the rule such as rape is disingenuous and is no excuse to murder a child in the womb.

Abortion for no good reason has now reached genocidal proportions.

3. Foxy says:

@ prcntm_2nd_try. As a libertarian minded person myself, I never understand this pro-choice argument (Tim Pool says the same argument you stated in his show all the time).

If the government has one job, it’s to prevent killing each other. If we truly believe the baby is alive, then that baby has the right to Life, regardless of what the mother feels. Of course, the mother has the right to Liberty. But the child’s Life, Liberty, and Pursuit of Happiness rights are all negated if we only consider mother’s Liberty.

Plus, in 99% of the circumstances, the mother used her Liberty to create that life. Rape, incest, threat to mother life make up an extremely low number, like less than 1%. If we can get this discussion down to that 1%, then its a worthwhile debate to me over mother’s Liberty.

4. nukedaddy777 says:

The DNA evidence in – its a baby not a choice or a part of woman’s body. And you either live in accordance with the law as written, or you live under the tyranny of central planners – central planners who are often clowns.

I do not propose to tell anyone what to do with their body. I do believe there is no reason for the incredible number of abortions performed in this country except-irresponsibility. As a taxpayer, I also do not wish to pay for it (rape, incest ,threat to mother life exceptions). If it MUST be done it should be done in a timely, humane manner. There comes a time when that baby has feelings too. Planned Parenthood should work to prevent unplanned pregnancy instead of financially profiting from the result of it. I do agree with MARILYN everyone I know that has done it was scarred by it. Even though to have had the baby could have risk their life due to medical conditions. They always wondered when that date came around what if…? They never forgot the date or time of year they did it ; or how old their baby would have been as the years went by.

6. BlazingSandbox says:

Me too! 🙏🏽🙏🏽🙏🏽

7. BlazingSandbox says:

WOW! Shamus, thank you for that amazing coverage! I’m inspired to go next year! Incredible event. So peaceful and loving. So courageous and faithful. Wow!

8. prcntm_2nd_try says:

On a moral level, I am Pro-Life. I think they are alive and independent the second their DNA comes together in that unique combination that represents a person. To remove that from the world before it has even had a chance to make an impact is truly saddening for me.

On a political level, I am Pro-Choice because it becomes a dangerous proposition giving the Government direct control over the autonomy of any individual. While I respect the life of those who are still in the womb, the last thing I want is for the government to be able to decide one way or another what should happen to that life or the life of the mother. In one of Seamus’s interviews someone made the point that every person is granted life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. My decision on this specifically falls under the granted liberty of the mother to make the choice. My only hope is that the mother considers the granted life of the child while making that choice.

9. Foxy says:

I’m hoping that our generation is the last where this is the norm. Let it die with us.

10. Marilyn says:

I’ve known quite a few women who’ve terminated their pregnancies and they’re never the same. Forever depressed. Forever addicted. It’s a damn disgrace.