covid-19 /

Vaccine-Resistant COVID-19 Variant Is Likely to Emerge, says Pfizer CEO

The CDC reports there were 37,996,672 COVID cases in the last 30 days.

Pfizer CEO Albert Bourla says his company is prepared to respond to a vaccine-resistant variant that will one day emerge.

Bourla told Fox News on Tuesday that the company has a system in place to turn around a variant-specific jab within some three months.

“Every time that the variant appears in the world, our scientists are getting their hands around it,” Bourla said on America’s Newsroom. “They are researching to see if this variant can escape the protection of our vaccine. We haven’t identified any yet but we believe that it is likely that one day, one of them will emerge.”

Fox News also reports, “Bourla noted a company process to develop a variant-specific vaccine within 95 days from identifying the variant of concern. Infectious disease experts and public health officials have reiterated for months that broadening the reach of the existing vaccines across the population, in the U.S. and abroad, will reduce the opportunity for the virus to further mutate.”

Currently, the C.37 variant — also known as the Lamda variant — is speculated to be possibly vaccine-resistant. The COVID-19 strain has a similar mutation to the Delta variant that makes them more contagious. Scientists believe it emerged in November or December 2020 in South America. It has since been recorded in North America, Europe, and parts of Asia.

Data from Chile, which has a roughly 60% vaccination rate, suggests Lambda may not respond to current vaccinations.

In a bioRxiv report from July 28, researchers noted “a big COVID-19 surge has occurred in Chile in Spring 2021, suggesting that the Lambda variant is proficient in escaping from the antiviral immunity elicited by vaccination.”

According to The New York Post, “Lambda has so far been labeled a ‘variant of interest’ by the World Health Organization, compared to the Alpha, Beta, Gamma and Delta strains, which have all risen to ‘variant of concern,’ or VOC, status.”

The CDC reports over 171 million people in the U.S. — roughly 51% of the population — are fully vaccinated.

9 responses to “Vaccine-Resistant COVID-19 Variant Is Likely to Emerge, says Pfizer CEO”

1. asianchris says:

Must be nice to make insane profits and within months announce that it won’t work as promised and that you’ll need a new shot… literally coming from the person who benefits from vaccine distribution.

Where’s the backlash? I’d be pissed if I got vaccinated and the CEO announces that it will eventually “not work” … good thing I’m unvaccinated. Zero symptoms and worked inside homes through the entire pandemic.

I am proof you don’t need the vaccine.

But libs will argue my time is coming.

Sure.

• asianchris says:

By the way… I work in Seattle. All around the hotspots. Inside many businesses and homes. I go maskless whenever I can.

I see the paranoia in people when I enter their homes. Btw Houses with American Flags outside tend to be maskless and say I don’t need to wear one to work on their home.

2. Ravenbar says:

A vaccine resistant variant is highly likely to come from vaccinated people. A partially functional vaccine creates antibodies that will attack the original variant, helping a vaccine resistant variant to multiply within the host, by essentially removing the non-vaccine resistant competition.

3. Element says:

Antibody dependent enhancement

4. Kyrillos53 says:

I can’t help but continually point out…
    “The CDC reports there were 37,996,672 COVID cases in the last 30 days.”

Ok… and how many of those cases led to deaths? I still haven’t seen almost any mainstream outlet reporting death statistics since the Delta fearmongering started. CNN had a fucking DEATH COUNTER on screen for almost A YEAR STRAIGHT. But now they only seem to bring up “new cases”. That’s should say everything you need to know.

And it should go without saying, if the powers that be were truly worried about new variants, they would actually do something about the illegal immigration crisis.

Lastly, I just think it’s funny that they are now naming variants after the Greek alphabet. They didn’t name it the “Delta variant” because of it’s order. They named it that because of the region it came from. But sure, it’s “racist” to call it the Wuhan virus, so let’s make sure to smokescreen the fact that the Delta variant first popped up in the Delta region of India.

5. MontyLalado says:

Tim comes off as such a fool pushing these poison shots

• Szell says:

Please correct me but I’m fairly certain he doesn’t push the poison jabs and says “talk to your doctor” each time. He himself, I believe, has not received the vaccine either yet.

6. Ldyhorse says:

Of course he would say this, it’s all about $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ and lining his pockets.

7. mjpluth says:

Another booster shot anyone?