GOP Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene Blasts Dem Rep. Cori Bush for 'Racist' Fourth of July Tweet

By Cassandra Fairbanks

Republican Representative Marjorie Taylor Greene has slammed Democrat Congresswoman Cori Bush as “racist” over a divisive Fourth of July tweet that went viral on Sunday.

Bush claimed that Independence Day was only about freedom for “white people” in the highly controversial social media post.

“When they say that the 4th of July is about American freedom, remember this: the freedom they’re referring to is for white people. This land is stolen land and Black people still aren’t free,” Bush tweeted.

In a follow up tweet, Bush added, “We know what our own freedom looks like. End the slavery permitted under the 13th amendment. End the War on Drugs. End police violence. End health care, housing, and education apartheid. WE are the experts on our own liberation. And we won’t stop until it’s won.”

The tweets sparked major backlash, with many noting how it was odd that someone who “isn’t free” ends up a member of Congress.

Greene made the same point, quote tweeting the Democrat and writing “says a black woman, who is one of only 435 people in all of America currently elected to serve in Congress.”

“You can stop with the racism now Cori and put your race card back in your pocket. 4th of July is freedom for all from a tyrannical government. Happy Independence Day!” Greene added, along with an American flag emoji.

Bush had not responded to Greene as of Monday afternoon. The two have previously clashed so hard that the Democrat moved her office so that she would no longer be near the Republican firebrand.

Shockingly, Bush was not the only elected official to complain about America’s birthday this weekend.

Democratic California Representative Maxine Waters also took to Twitter to complain about the Declaration of Independence being “racist.”

In a bizarre tweet, Waters wrote “July 4th… & so, the Declaration of Independence says all men are created equal. Equal to what? What men? Only white men? Isn’t it something that they wrote this in 1776 when African Americans were enslaved? They weren’t thinking about us then, but we’re thinking about us now!”

Waters is also a woman of color in Congress — as the House Financial Services Committee chair, she also holds quite a high position for someone so oppressed.

For corrections, please email [email protected]

9 responses to “GOP Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene Blasts Dem Rep. Cori Bush for ‘Racist’ Fourth of July Tweet”

1. frodolai says:

as long as it’s not mean tweets from orange man bad

2. Bigpapapaco says:

Very well said!

3. Nugget79 says:

Where would we all be if the revolution never happened, they may or may not be free because the south was not going to give up slaves.. even to England if they would have kept the colonies or maybe sold them, if they kept them the south would have fought England over slavery and maybe even won, those two ladys would not be free in that society.

4. Bidtles says:

So.. the constitution is garbage. But “voter suppression” is unconstitutional. We must abide by the document they hate. Except when it’s gun laws? Then we ignore it again.

5. KDiddy says:

There a reason I don’t use Twitter. It’s the same reason I barely post on Facebook. I like to drink and then try to write funny or profound things. Then I wake up. As the fog of my drunken haze slowly clears, memory of last nights rant emerge from the murky swamp of my existence and all that I’ve done. It creeps up the shore and little by little, the sentences I wrote resurface to my immediate memory and I try to run from them like one would from swap thing, but alas, one can’t run away from oneself. So I feel embarrassed from time to time, which is good, because then I think of how to be better. Now when I do it, it reaches maybe 200 ppl, mostly my family and people I friended from high school. I don’t think the harm I cause is to anyone but myself, running from my ideas or failed funnies and not developing them further because of embarrassment. Now, these folks going into Twitter, typing that out and showing no remorse or embarrassment whatsoever, is impressive. How does one do that? I think they’re missing something important, self reflection. Which is important to have and exhibit as a leader… I would want to see that in the people I trust and follow. Ignorance is bliss but it isn’t worth living in a false reality where garbage thoughts are made out to be profound by the people speaking them. I don’t want it to taste like steak, I want steak!

6. Bigly12025 says:

Words from a true genius.

“Further, the Dec. of Ind. says we hold these truths to be “self-evident”… yet:
    – George Floyd, Breonna Taylor, Michael Brown, Sandra Bland, Tamir Rice”

7. Scootouchard says:

Democrats and Cory Bush trying to enslave the people of today. The system they are pushing for is a two class system. The elites and the serfs bound to work under the elites owned land and at their bidding

8. Solo_Knight says:

Now, take the Constitution according to its plain reading, and I defy the presentation of a
    single pro-slavery clause in it. On the other hand, it will be found to contain principles
    and purposes, entirely hostile to the existence of slavery.
    – Frederick Douglass “The Meaning of July Fourth for the Negro”

9. JRizzo says:

The victim hood is strong with these women. These highly successful, wealthy, powerful and possibly corrupt women that use their race as a crutch in an attempt ignite fear, hatred and self loathing in entitled youth of our country.