Media /

CNN Labels Democrat Senator Kyrsten Sinema as a Republican in Their Chyron

CNN falsely labeled Democrat Sen. Kyrsten Sinema a “Republican” while airing her floor speech about opposing getting rid of the filibuster.

The erroneous chyron came as Sen. Sinema is taking massive heat from the left for refusing to budge on getting rid of the filibuster, thus destroying her party’s chances of passing their voting rights agenda.

Sinema has previously faced fire from her party over not supporting the “Build Back Better” spending package.

The false label took place during Anderson Cooper 360.

While speaking on the floor about voting rights efforts, Sinema said, “while I continue to support these bills, I will not support separate actions that worsen the underlying disease of division infecting our country.”

“There’s no need for me to restate my longstanding support for the 60-threshold to pass legislation. And there’s no need for me to restate its role protecting our country from wild reversals in federal policy,” Sinema continued.

It is currently unclear if the chryon was a mistake or a political protest from someone at CNN. Given the nature of discussion about the senator on the network, it does appear most likely that it was the latter.

The network had not apologized or commented on the mistake by time of publishing.

12 responses to “CNN Labels Democrat Senator Kyrsten Sinema as a Republican in Their Chyron”

1. Masshole says:

@Patrick1984 Gabbard would make a good VP. She is the one Biden would have chosen if he wanted to be a good president. Gabbard has it all in the pocket on foreign policy, something the White House desperately needs at this moment. I hope to see he rise one day, but she is one of the real ones. The radical left won’t let it happen because she refuses to bend the knee to the DNC.

2. BiffMalibu says:

Who is Krysten Sinema?

3. Patrick1984 says:

How , about Tulsi Gabbard coming out and blasting Biden. She is smart, smooth, sensible and hot to boot. Here come the Looker lefty babes to the rescue. How long will it be until this generation of Horny Frat Boys realize these Prog Chicks have put them in chains. Long enough to get that girl on her back is all they care about at first anyway. I DON’T TRUST ANY ONE IN THE RULING CLASS ANYMORE. I may not end up well either, but I won’t end up a bar of soap like the rest of Lenin’s Useful Idiots , and that’s worth doing.

4. Fedora21 says:

This is CNN.

5. Ohiro says:

CNN continues its endless lies. They’ll claim this was a “mistake”. No way. They do this kind of thing far too often, far too consistently, and far too selectively, it’s not intentional lying.

6. Ghxstleader says:

My last boss and everyone who worked there all watch MSNBC religiously. Turning them into zombies that hate Trump and want him shot in the head and constantly wish it upon him.

7. Cybertri says:

My father still does. He is a walking CNN ad. M1nd [email protected] to the hilt

Who is CNN? Is that that thing that Grandpa used to watch?

9. oedipusaurus_rex says:

It’s going to be hilarious when they piss her or Manchin off enough to get them to go independent and give the majority to the Republicans.

As far as that goes, I bet the Republicans would trade the Democrats Lizard Cheney for Sinema in a heart beat.The way Sinema has been treated by them… she might go for it.The two that HERRDOKTOR mentioned they would probably have a two for one sale for Manchin and give them Romney and Christie.

11. Aenimatic says:

**Kyrsten

12. HerrDoktor says:

To be fair, she’s more of a Republican than Mitt Romney or Chris Christie.