By Cassandra Fairbanks

Spotify appears to have banned a new song from popular Christian conservative rappers Bryson Gray and Patriot J.

Gray is best known for his viral songs Trump is Your President, Gun Totin’ Patriot and Maga Steppin’. Patriot J’s popular tracks include Enemy of the People (Don Lemon Diss) and Thought Criminal.

The collaboration between the two was apparently too edgy for the music streaming platform. The song that has been removed is called “Safe Space” and is track four on Gray’s new album Bold as a Lion: Season One.

Ironically, the first line of the song is: “they might ban me for the song, ayy, but this is how I’m rockin’.”

They weren’t kidding. The song lyrics are guaranteed to offend many people and would likely be a Terms of Service violation on nearly every mainstream social media platform.

The track holds nothing back as the duo raps about how transgender people “need a mental asylum,” state there are only two genders, mocks people who are overweight that claim they are concerned about their health during COVID, says the election was stolen, and much more.

“They would ban me if I tweeted everything in this verse

But I would get a Grammy if I wore a dress and a purse

They want every black man to be like Don Lemon, it hurts

They only love us when we Mike Brown, dead in the dirt

If you like BLM and you watch CNN, then you braindead

Probably wear a mask in the bed”

The song is still currently available on YouTube and iTunes.

Other songs on the album, including “No Mask No Vax” and “MAGA Hat Still On” were not censored as of Tuesday morning.

When contacted by Gray, Spotify claimed that the song was not banned and that it was likely an issue with his browser. The company claimed that they could play the song on their end.

Timcast.com independently confirmed that the song was not playable during this time, on any type of device, and it was still not playable by Tuesday morning. When users open the album it is the only song greyed out and unclickable on the playlist.

“I’ve never seen anything like it. It was probably just a rogue agent or something. I’m the most hated person on Tik Tok right now,” Gray told Timcast.com.

“Remember y’all, you can rap about anything you want except going against the lgbt. You can rap about your vagina to children all day, you can rap about popping pills, you can rap about doing crime…but not the forbidden topic,” Gray tweeted.

“Let a n-gga make a song glorifying death and drugs and that shit will hit #1 on the charts, but if you mess around and rap about traditional values and expose truths and they will BAN YOU! Wow,” Patriot J wrote.

It is important to note that Eazy-E’s ‘Nobody Move’ is still available on Spotify. The controversial song is about attempting to rape and ultimately murder a transgender person when they realize their biological sex.

Here are a portion of the lyrics:

“I said: ‘Lay down, and unbutton your bra!’

There was the biggest t-tties that a n-gga ever saw

I said: ‘Damn’, then the air got thinner

Only thought in my mind, was goin’ up in her

The suspense was makin’ me sick

She took her panties down and the b-tch had a d-ck

I said: ‘Damn’, dropped the gat from my hand

(What I thought was a b-tch, was nothing but a man)

Put the gat to his legs, all the way up his skirt

Because this is one f-ggot that I had to hurt, so”

Speaking to Timcast.com, Patriot J said that he thinks “the ban just proves that our fundamental freedoms are dying on a daily basis.”

“The globalists are hungry for power and as they’re giving us our right to travel freely back they’re utilizing big tech to continually attack our right to freely speak,” he continued. “You should always have the right to make an offensive rap song in America.”

The ban may cause a conundrum for the left, who have traditionally defended the right to free expression in art and music. It will be interesting to watch the reaction from those who mocked the right for being upset about the Lil Nas X music video in which he gave Satan a lap dance — or of course, WAP from Cardi B.

As Out Magazine pointed out during the Lil Nas X outrage, censorship should never be the answer.

“If you don’t want your children listening to Lil Nas X … maybe just tell them to not?” Out Magazine’s report suggested.

Rolling Stone published a piece in 2020 titled “The Conservative Crusade Against ‘Wet-Ass P-ssy,’” in which they pointed out; “luckily for Cardi and Megan, outrage is by far the most powerful currency in the modern music market.”

It is pretty likely that we will soon be seeing if that statement holds true, because if there was ever a song certain to stoke outrage, it is most definitely “Safe Space.

Timcast.com has reached out to Spotify with several questions and will update this story if a response is provided.

For corrections please email corrections@timcast.com

23 responses to “Spotify Appears to Have Banned a Song From Popular Christian Conservative Rappers Bryson Gray and Patriot J”

1. Ambrossia188 says:

No fear of speakin the Truth there… Love It!

2. Kshthymyla says:

Lol. Definitely over the top. Just bought the album for the lulz.

3. Johnli says:

Yeah, so I can see how this could get banned, not that I agree with it. But some of the lyrics had me dying laughing. It is everything people want to say but don’t say. Definitely going check these guys out. This year not really a lot of good main stream rappers. All just ear rape like Pooh Shiesty and 42 Dugg only have one or two good songs are the rest are shit.

4. Jdbfortney says:

Thanks for sharing!!!!

5. shadowfoxx says:

So I just found out tbis genre of music existed and DAMN I can’t believe I’ve been sleeping on some of these guys! Thanks Cassandra

6. rancidl says:

HATE the text on black. I want to read the articles, not have my eyes bleed. Please use white or off-white.

7. Spatterson01590 says:

If you like this kind of music, then you got to listen to Topher. He is the best of this genre in my opinion.

8. TheWhitterMatter says:

Music is extremely important to me, even if it’s something I don’t listen to. I remember when music really felt like it had life and had a soul, but most of the popular music has none of it. I literally have to make my own special playlist in order to find what I want. It’s not even that todays music doesn’t have life, but it seems to have dropped its morals to the lowest note possible. I can go on the radio and much of the popular music playing today was played 10+ years ago and 10 years before that. I think many people don’t even like music today, but they don’t know what else to listen too, or where to start to find it. I was taught to sing from a singer who had spent his whole life in the more operatic song line of work, mostly solo songs, travelled all around Europe and sang in very prestigious locations. Even to this day at 90 years old or something, he can still sing better than me! What happened to the people who could really, truly sing? What happened to music? BTW Tim I love that single you put out. I listened to it quite often after its release. Many of the popular musicians today can’t sing have that good.

• Daledduncan says:

Cassandra could you possibly narrate these articles? I cannot read them all and I would love to. Please talks to Tim about it…… besides I love your voice (just a bonus)

9. Tazmonster says:

Loving the thoroughness of your work. What’s the chance of audio so i can listen at work? Thanks!

10. riien87 says:

Wasn’t Trump banned from Spotify during the big tech purge? Tells you all you need to know about Spotify as an organization.

11. ToTheBeach says:

The conservatives are turning against him what he put on Tictok was actual homophobic stuff people are unfollowing him on Tictok like crazy

• ToTheBeach says:

To clarify there was a video going around which he commented on and his comments were very anti-gay and hateful and conservatives went against him saying you are the reason the republicans have a bad name

• ToTheBeach says:

To clarify it was Bryson gray and there was a video going around which he commented on and his comments were very anti-gay and hateful and conservatives went against him saying you are the reason the republicans have a bad name

• Feddy_Von_Wigglestein says:

Sounds fake. The reason Republicans have a bad name is A. They’re incompetent fools and B. The media is controlled by their opponents. Sounds like a bunch of fake bits and trolls posing as conservatives..or you’re full of shit. Either or.

12. Jme3 says:

this is strange bc other songs by bryson talk about the similar topics and they aren’t banned. This song must’ve triggered a lot of people lmao

13. Lboen82 says:

This is great stuff!

14. 51773 says:

This is really good reporting, it would be great if Tim pool kept the promises he made in the launch video of the record breaking SCNR / Subverse wefunder and delivered this kind of reporting there as well. Maybe then all those investors wouldn’t feel like they were lied to.