Legal /

Sidney Powell Sues Defense Department Over Vaccine Mandates

'Soldiers are not the property of the government,' Powell said

Sidney Powell filed a lawsuit against the Department of Defense on behalf of service members who do not want to get the COVID-19 vaccine.

The former campaign lawyer who worked for President Donald Trump will represent more than a dozen service members through her nonprofit group Defending the Republic, which is based in Dallas, Texas.

“Soldiers are not the property of the government,” Powell said in an email to Bloomberg. “We seek to protect their individual rights to decide what’s best for their own lives and health in the face of this dangerous, experimental, and unnecessary ‘vaccine.’”

Two judges have already recused themselves from the case. U.S. District Judge Kent Wetherell and his wife both own stock in Pfizer, which may become involved in the case.

The suit, which was filed Oct. 6 in Pensacola, Florida, argues that the vaccine mandate for service members is unnecessary because the military has “minimal hospitalization and mortality rates” from COVID-19.

Between  January 2020 and Sept. 15, a total of 238,120 service members tested positive for the virus. Of these infections, less than 1% resulted in hospitalizations (2,175 cases) and the death rate was less than 0.02% (46 fatalities).

This lawsuit also challenges the FDA’s unlawful ‘approval’ of the Comirnaty Vaccine,” Defending the Republic said in a press release. “This approval violated the Administrative Procedure Act, contradicted the FDA’s own rules, was based on flawed and incomplete scientific studies, and was made despite unprecedented numbers of adverse events – including deaths – related to the vaccine. The FDA also acted in an arbitrary and capricious manner, in that it excluded certain groups from clinical trials, including those with previous COVID-19 infection and pregnant women.”

Pentagon spokesman Maj. Charlie Dietz said more military personnel died of COVID-19 in September than in all of 2020 and that each service member who died was unvaccinated.

Department of Defense leadership told the 2.1 million service members that they would be required to get the COVID-19 vaccine in August. There were few exemptions and those who refused could be punished or even be discharged from service.

Compliance has varied across military branches. The United States Navy and the United States Marine Corps both have until Nov. 28 to get vaccinated. About 90% of the Navy has done so while the USMC reports around 72% has been fully vaccinated.

CT Post reports that “the Army Guard and Reserve comprise approximately 522,000 soldiers, roughly a quarter of the entire U.S. military” and accounted for the majority of the military’s COVID-19 deaths.

Active duty members of the Air Force must be fully vaccinated by Nov. 2. Active duty members of the Army must be vaccinated by Dec. 15.

7 responses to “Sidney Powell Sues Defense Department Over Vaccine Mandates”

1. Night_Coder says:

Military members are technically property of the government. I’ve seen plenty of people get threatened for damage of DoD property for simply getting a bad sunburn while on leave. Would it hold up in a trial? IDK, but the threats of it have been made.

2. jodiverheyden says:

I will do my research. I admit her handling of election issues appeared to be at best miscalculated. She also advised, on camera, Georgians to not VOTE. I admit I haven’t looked deeply at her past record. I will do so. Good Advice !

• Enclyclo says:

• Enclyclo says:

Youtube has removed all of Sidney Powell’s content prior to the election, I hate this censorship crap! If you were able to see some of the older videos, especially the long interviews you would see she is not crazy.

I am in my mid 60’s and grew up during the Vietnam era with all the race riots, bombings, anti-war riots, Kent state, inflation tremendous turmoil. Never with all that grief did I feel America was doomed but, today something has changed. The rewriting of history, the censorship, the media has always lied and Evil and bad people have always existed but never with such a lack of shame.

I do not know how to tell you to discern truth when our sources just plain lie. Please question everything including me. It is like we are in the Soviet Union and Youtube is Provda (Russian for truth LOL) a Russian propaganda newspaper.

3. Enclyclo says:

I know that the media has vilified this woman to the point the average person thinks she is an idiot. Please don’t let the Trump hate group’s propaganda detour you from thinking. Sidney Powel has and is a great attorney.

This is coming from someone who hates most lawyers. She has displayed a lifetime of principled behavior standing up to evil. The work she has done concerning corrupt District Attorneys alone has helped a lot of average working people. I do not think she would destroy her reputation based on false information. Especially when she has been willing to submit her information in a courtroom in the form of evidence, not just mere opinion like the media.

Please, do some homework before dismissing this good lady’s work. She actually would be a good guest for Tim to interview, it would most certainly change a lot of minds. Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence and I think she can provide the evidence. The media is lying if you are here you already know this is true.

4. Will_Was_Here says:

I wish this woman would just fade away. At this point she wants to be celebrity and almost seems like she wants to be in the news.

She does more harm than good to what she becomes involved in at this point.