Senator Ted Cruz Says He is Considering 2024 Run (VIDEO)

By Cassandra Fairbanks

Senator Ted Cruz says that he is “certainly” considering a presidential run in 2024, because 2016 was the “most fun” he has ever had in his entire life.

Sen. Cruz broke the news during an interview with Newsmax on Thursday.

“Are you considering a 2024 presidential run?” host Tom Basile asked.

“Well, sure. I’m certainly looking at it,” Cruz replied. He added, “I’ll tell ya, 2016 was the most fun I’ve ever had in my life. We came incredibly close.”

Cruz and former President Donald Trump were the final two contenders in the 2016 primary, which had started out with a crowded field.

The primary was also brutal, with Trump mocking the appearance of Cruz’ wife Heidi, nicknaming him “Lyin’ Ted,” and saying that he might be a Canadian who is ineligible to be president.

Following the primaries, however, the two became very close allies — even campaigning for each other.

Last week, CNBC reported on possible GOP presidential hopefuls travelling to New York City to meet with big donors. Their list included former Secretary of State Mike Pompeo, Sens. Tim Scott and Marco Rubio and Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis.

“Though Scott, Rubio and DeSantis are up for reelection in 2022, raising money for those campaigns could translate into financial support for a 2024 presidential run. Pompeo recently launched the Champion American Values PAC to help Republicans running in 2022, including those in the House and Senate, and these meetings could end up helping him bring in cash for this venture,” the report states.

Pompeo is currently the one making the biggest push, according to the report.

“He’s basically already running for the presidency,” one of the people familiar with Pompeo’s New York meetings told CNBC. Their report goes on to note that a recent straw poll at the Western Conservative Summit in Denver showed DeSantis ranked first, just ahead of former President Trump among potential presidential candidates. Behind Trump in that poll is Sen. Ted Cruz, Pompeo and Scott.

Former President Trump has also been teasing another run, telling Sean Hannity on Wednesday that he has made his decision — but not announcing what the decision was.

For corrections, please email [email protected]

22 responses to “Senator Ted Cruz Says He is Considering 2024 Run (VIDEO)”

1. Startedoveragain says:

Let’s get our heads straight folks. Cruz will never show the results he speaks of because he’s just a senator in a democrat controlled congress. Anything he supports can be squelched by vote. DeSantis is a governor, which is more kin to having one’s own fiefdom. Of course he can produce more. He’s provided more opportunities to make change because his position is completely different from that of a senator; in charge. I have a bias being from Florida and have benefited first hand from DeSantis’ take charge approach. We should celebrate that these two are on the same team in their respective roles and not pit them against each other. They will run against each other in the election but they’re aligned ideologically with many other strong candidates, pulling our country in the same direction. I’m glad to know that they are unified in supporting the citizenry of the US above anything else, rather than the extremist, burn-it-to-the-ground leftists ideals. Typically I hate politics, and have enough experience to safeguard any degree of trust I place in politicians. But in today’s culture, Tim is right about needing to keep an eye on them and on where our country is headed, with the populace being led to the slaughter by the elite who only care for what’s in it for them. If it weren’t for that, I would be less concerned. Can’t stand on the sidelines when the targeting is indiscriminate. Thanks for being in the middle, Tim. Milk toast or not, centrism produces rational thought, so I greatly appreciate the work you and your team produce. Pray that people start thinking and that the polls are frequented by the politically literate.

You don’t have to wait three years to go for a jog, sir, just go run now. Covid is a myth. And you are getting a little heavy.

3. Mechadad says:

Ummm 🤔 pass

4. omgktb says:

Nah, please don’t run Cruz…..

5. ShiningLightOnShadows says:

Yeah Cruz says but does not do however Desantis does what he says. And as far as President Trump I love the guy and he will go down in history as one of the greatest because he ran it like a boss and not a politician which is what we needed at the time but I think we need to look to the future and I think that is Desantis with possibly a Pompao or even Noam as VP

6. TheDarkworld says:

I don’t dislike ol’ Zodiac but he’s not gonna win. The charisma isn’t there. Desantis either, even though I think he’s doing a fantastic job with his state. I see people saying Bannon though….🤔 That’s a thought.

7. roflo1804 says:

He, Rubio, and Jebby boy need to stay out of 2024. If only Bannon wanted to run, after that TimCast with him, I’d vote for him any day over Trump, and for sure Desantis. We don’t need more Israel Firsters in power.

8. wcjordan23 says:

True, but Cruz is still one of the good guys. Maybe this experience will help him in 2028

9. Turk_Longwell says:

If he had fun, then why not. If he can accept the fact that he won’t win, it could be good for the right. The primaries can be all about America and what, as a team, they will do. Switch up the game a bit.

10. PolishPierogi says:

Winner winner chicken dinner.

11. Element says:

Please don’t

12. glade44 says:

I would chose Trump, desantis, and owens in that order before I vote for cruz.

13. karmicneurot says:

All talk. These Republicans that grandstand in the news and with their 5 minutes on the floor haven’t even lifted a finger to actually challenge, block, or use their political position to STOP the advancement of these progressive communists can all take a long walk off the short plank.

14. Poop53 says:

I have supported cruz for years but it seems he’s just a bag of hot airike the rest of them. When we end up with one of the best presidents in history and he is a life long democrat that ran as a republican, it became pretty clear that this 2 party system is a joke. I got my fingers crossed donny and desantis go at it for p/vp 2024. Honestly I think I’d like to see donny as desantis’s vp, but we all know donny would never allow that. Regardless of rank, those 2 in the Whitehouse is about the only thing that could bring us out of this disaster modern America has become

15. NeightDee says:

Amen

16. SpartanSpear says:

Yeah, that’s a no from me dawg. All talk no action. We need someone like DeSanctis

17. NeightDee says:

He’s just doing this for his ego. He knows he’s not DeSantis. He just wants to be on that stage.

18. Ambrossia188 says:

Bingo.

19. Ambrossia188 says:

😂

20. Ambrossia188 says:

Why? So he can lose again? I have little respect for Senator Cruz. He has held hearing after hearing on censorship but when it actually mattered, when Republicans had the power, they nvr changed anything. He is ALL TALK imo.
    Ron Desantis on the other hand is actually doing a LOT. I would definitely consider voting for him.

I can’t help but wonder if any of it really matters anymore though… It would appear that the Powers That Be have figured out how to fix our elections so well that it is almost illegal to even question the possibility. 😕

21. Glothr says:

I will not vote for anyone who called January 6th an “act of terrorism.” That is an absolutely fucking absurd thing to say and the only reason he said it was to cover his ass which tells me all I need to know about his true colors.

22. Feddy_Von_Wigglestein says:

CNN headline: “Trump Claims Without Evidence That He Has Made A Decision on Potential 2024 Presidential Run”