covid-19 /

Rutgers University Bans Unvaccinated Student from Taking ‘Virtual’ Classes

A student attending Rutgers University in New Jersey claims he was banned from attending virtual classes from his home because he remains unvaccinated against COVID-19.

“Logan Hollar transferred to Rutgers University in 2020, spending his junior year taking virtual classes from his Sandyston home in Sussex County, more than 70 miles away from the New Brunswick Campus,” reports NJ.com.

“I’m not in an at-risk age group. I’m healthy and I work out. I don’t find COVID to be scary,” said Hollar, 22. “If someone wants to be vaccinated, that’s fine with me, but I don’t think they should be pushed.”

“When they put out the guidance in March, I was reading through all the verbiage, which was if you plan to return to campus, you need to be vaccinated,” Hollar said. “I figured I wouldn’t be part of that because all my classes were remote.”

“Days later, I called back since I hadn’t received anything. They told me that unfortunately, they had decided that they would not grant waivers for anyone who had put in for them past Aug. 23, even though I was told that I could get one with no problem on the 27th.”

“I believe in science, I believe in vaccines, but I am highly confident that COVID-19 and variants do not travel through computer monitors by taking online classes,” said the student’s step-father.

Read the full report here.

9 responses to “Rutgers University Bans Unvaccinated Student from Taking ‘Virtual’ Classes”

1. A.J. says:

Why? Are these muppets now afraid they’ll catch a computer virus? I swear stupidity is the real plague of our time.

BTW if the virus is spread through their electronics- Rutgers University must shut down their computer system as a possible superspreader. Gee, did I die in my sleep and wake up in a circle of Dante’s Inferno ? Lately, sometimes I wonder.

What is the difference between God and an authoritarian regime ? God knows he is not an authoritarian regime…but an authoritarian regime doesn’t know they are not God. God Almighty believes in free will but academia doesn’t .

• Wolv256 says:

But God is an authoritarian regime. If you are all-powerful and all-knowing, then you are by definition an authoritarian, whether you admit it or not. There is no free will, only what you manifest, you Nazi!

4. steveo says:

wow brother i would say leave the blue and head to a red state and when the blues loose too much in tax dollars they be forced to rethink their stupid thinking

5. Maiafay says:

Love that quote from the stepdad. Puts their idiocy in perspective.

6. JohnNelson says:

I still can’t believe anyone things this is genuinely about a virus. I am from a city in California and my gf is scared of the vax despite being very liberal and voting for Biden (which she regrets). She said she will take it if the college she goes to makes her but she is trying to get religious or medical exemption. Out of her friends there are a few who quietly tell her they also don’t want to get the vax but majority of them are aggressively trying to get her to get the vax. It feels like such a cult when she tells me about her vaxxed friends.

• Walldoc77 says:

Because as with any cult if you hear things enough you start to believe anything they say. My Wife HAD COVID and recovered with no hospitalization and is still shitting her pants with fear over it.