economy /

A staggering 4.4 million Americans quit their jobs in September alone, a slight uptick from 4.3 million in August and the highest ever recorded in U.S. history.

“Quits increased across a number of industries with arts, entertainment, and recreation (+56,000); other services (+47,000); and state and local government education (+30,000) among those seeing the biggest impact,” reports Fox News.

“The October employment report released earlier this month showed hiring picked up last month with employers adding 531,000 workers, up from 312,000 in September. The unemployment rate slipped 0.2 percentage points to 4.6%,” adds Fox.

“People are rethinking their work, and they are sitting on an unprecedented amount of savings — people feel very comfortable that they can find a new job, and that’s what we think of when we think of a strong labor market,” said Liz Wilke, chief economist at Gusto, a company that offers human resources solutions to small businesses.

“Teens have turned into a very strategic substitute for employers,” she added. “They tend to have much lower expectations for wages, since they are fresh to the job market, and they are very, very flexible — they can work nights, they can work weekends.”

Read the full report here.

15 responses to “Record 4.4 Million Americans Quit Their Jobs in September, Dubbed ‘Great Resignation’”

1. Marilyn says:

Usually it works good for me but today none of the videos are working. It’s happened before. Hopefully they’ll fix it soon.

2. karmicneurot says:

Does anyone else have issues using this site on mobile? I can’t get anything to work well. Videos won’t play full screen if they load. The damn bar on the side won’t stay closed so I have to keep hitting the x to browse the stories. And do they NOT do anything like post stories on weekends?

3. Devilsgun says:

Bumbles the Ass-Clown dumb fuckcunt so-called “President” is ruining lives left and right, but hey at least the fucking tweets are nice now…

Employers that mandate this shit need to suffer for their flaccid cuckoldry and obedient bitch-assery. Do the absolute best job you can do, become absolutely indispensable at work, then make the stupid cunts march you the fuck out of there if they insist on you get jabbed, that way the stupid gormless obedi-fucks get burned HARD. Nicey-nice -get-along-and-hope-for-the-best playtime is OVER, and never forget that it was the goddamned Bumblefuck Lefties that set that standard – DO NOT LET THEM GASLAMP YOU into thinking that you’re being ‘unreasonable’ or ‘unkind/uncivilized/childish/racist/whatever’, THEY are the fucks that lit this savagery shit off…

Live well so you can watch these fucking assholes burn in their own fires. Bring popcorn. Be mad.

4. Marilyn says:

At my hospital almost no one had their medical or religious exemptions honored. They were all fired but it was considered a willful resignation. The few that had medical exemptions that were honored got fired anyway because the hospital didn’t “have anywhere to put them.” This included a doctor with cancer. I quit my union over this. Washington state is soon to be as bad as California. I’m moving.

5. Devon says:

Gang Gang Gang

6. Chas says:

I think one thing we need to keep in mind is that getting fired from a job due to “Vaccine Mandate Noncompliance” is being recorded as resigning or quitting.

7. Hoid says:

Not a trick, a complete and total lie. We all know it. I hate to imagine the world we’re going into, but I find it almost necessary to eradicate the current thought process. Lest we become another fascist dictatorship of the 20th century.

The Greatest Resignation would be the Biden administration.

9. CNN_sucks says:

Met someone who works as a cashier in a grocery store with a degree in MA in water testing. That’s that. FJB economy.

10. MontyLalado says:

Joe Biden is a faggot of the highest order. That is all.

11. unspecialnoob says:

They consider most of those people as removed from the labor force, not unemployed. It’s a trick they use to hide poor performance.

12. notabottoday says:

4,4m +4.2m quitting and 531,000 +312,000 new jobs adds up to .2% decrease in unemployment?
    I wish I understood new math.

13. Deutscher says:

Let’s go Brandon!

14. nrol34 says:

The Burger King near me is only open from noon to 6 PM. They only pay $7.25/hr. Other places pay better so they only have the manager and assistant manager working.

15. MassSkeptic says:

This is the situation I have seen at my place of employment. People are leaving but they are heading to smaller companies.