Lieutenant Colonel Stuart Scheller says that he was relieved of duty over his viral video calling for military leadership to be held accountable for the deadly attack in Kabul that left 13 service members dead, 11 of whom were his fellow Marines.

Scheller says that he knew one of the Marines who died in the attack by ISIS-K.

In the viral video, Lt. Col. Scheller said that “people are upset because senior leaders let them down, and none of them are raising their hands and accepting accountability or saying ‘we messed this up.'”

“Did any of you throw your rank on the table and say ‘hey, it’s a bad idea to evacuate Bagram Airfield, a strategic airbase, before we evacuate everyone.’ Did anyone do that? And when you didn’t think to do that did anyone raise their hand and say ‘we completely messed this up?'” he asked. “Potentially all those people did die in vain if we don’t have senior leaders that own up and raise their hand and say ‘we did not do this well in the end.'”

Scheller, battalion commander for the Advanced Infantry Training Battalion, went on to say that “without that the … higher military ranks are not holding up their end of the bargain. I wanna say this very strongly. I have been fighting for 17 years. I am willing to throw it all away to say to my senior leaders: I demand accountability.”

On Friday, the officer announced that he had been relieved of duty because of the video, but stated that he understood and respected the decision.

“To all my friends across the social networks. I have been relieved for cause based on a lack of trust and confidence as of 14:30 today,” Scheller  wrote on Facebook.

“My chain of command is doing exactly what I would do … if I were in their shoes,” Scheller continued . “I appreciate the opportunities AITB command provided. To all the news agencies asking for interviews … I will not be making any statements other than what’s on my social platforms until I exit the Marine Corps.”

Scheller says that he has served for 17 years and is looking forward to what will come next for him.

“America has many issues … but it’s my home … It’s where my three sons will become men. America is still the light shining in a fog of chaos,” Scheller said at the end of his post. “When my Marine Corps career comes to an end, I look forward to a new beginning. My life’s purpose is to make America the most lethal and effective foreign diplomacy instrument. While my days of hand to hand violence may be ending … I see a new light on the horizon.”

17 responses to “Marine Says He Was Relieved of Duty Over Viral Video Calling for Military Leaders to Be Held Accountable for Kabul Attack”

1. fusion311 says:

I agree with the marine but you can’t have decent in the ranks

2. StMyles2 says:

Deepest Respect for this warrior. Having an honest news article without MSM propaganda added in was very refreshing. Thanks Cassandra and Timcast.

3. LVIII says:

As I think the previous poster was trying to point out to you… the Lt Col was stating that, in firing him, they were doing what he felt was right. In other words, he knew his actions of going to social media to make a statement, rather than staying within his chain-of-command, that he was in the wrong and their reaction to his video was the correct course. He was clear and precise in stating that those in power regarding the issue overseas was faulty, and demanded accountability for them for those actions.

These are clearly two different actions. I think it’s a simple misunderstanding of the second post.

4. Rohanhub says:

I am eating my fucking words. 2 hours ago this man just said he is throwing his retirement and benefits out for us. He is asking a shit ton from us. He is asking us to say fuck this bullshit. He untucked his shit and said fuck this!!!

5. Rohanhub says:

Read the actual article he stated in his tweet “my chain of command is doing exactly what I would do if I were in there shoes” confirming what they are doing is right. I understand the Military culture as a veteran and what he did is not okay at all okay. If you are going to break the UCMJ article 88 then have the nuts to say I wouldn’t do the same thing to my marines that think that the pentagon botched this complete shit show. I did my fucking time in Afghanistan and these fucking officers fucked this to hell.

6. FuzzyMarineVet says:

I wonder how many NCOs and enlisted ranks have also been fired, subjected to NJP or court marshalled for the same thing, but as nobodies they don’t get reported on. I’m not surprised that a Quantico Basic School graduate is stepping up. Marines take care of our own.

7. BrotherPaul says:

Where did you learn to read or comprehend? He was stating what he knew would happen and that is the politics of the USMC, and unless you are a US Marine active or inactive, you know where you can jump off of.

8. Anni says:

I hope more speak out.

9. Rohanhub says:

What a joke. He tucked his tail and ran saying the chain of command is doing the right thing by firing me and I can’t be trusted. He knew that this would get him in trouble but didn’t have the balls to say I got fired for telling the truth. A hero sticks up for the truth, what is right, and doesn’t bend the knee. A hero Stuart Scheller is not.

10. Viewtifuljoe says:

Amen to that.

11. EnricoMammarella says:

And that Raytheon schill.

12. Yobuyahouse says:

Real hero and lets hope Tim has him on soon on Timcast

13. WWWYZZ3RDDD says:

I would follow this man into the pits of hell, all he has to do is ask…

14. TCappo3 says:

This is what courage looks like.

15. Jon_Johnson103 says:

He needs to walk around with security; everyone who speaks truth unironically seems to hang themselves

Court marshal Joe Biden and Gen. Miley. Now!

17. MisterRepublic says:

Well done. Necessary on both sides.