Crime /

Jussie Smollett Will Go On Trial Over False Police Report

The actor allegedly staged a hate crime to allegedly boost his career in 2019


A Chicago judge denied a dismissal request from actor Jussie Smollett, ensuring the case will go to trial in November.

Smollett, the recipient of four NAACP Image Awards, is best known for his role in “Empire.”

In January of 2019, he called Chicago police and said he has been attacked by two masked men around 2 A.M. while out buying a Subway sandwich. Smollett told police the men yelled racial and homophobic slurs at him and shouted, “This is MAGA Country.”

Smollett said the men tied a rope around his neck and poured a chemical on him.

The alleged attack occurred on East North Lower Water Street, in the upscale neighborhood of Streeterville.

In a statement following the publication of Smollett’s report, Chicago police spokesman Anthony Guglielmi said, “Given the severity of the allegations, we are taking this investigation very seriously and treating it as a possible hate crime. … Detectives are currently working to gather video, identify potential witnesses and establish an investigative timeline. The victim is fully cooperating.”

The investigation found no videos of the attack. Instead, investigators found evidence that the actor paid Nigerian brothers Ola and Abel Osundairo, who were identified as the perpetrators, to stage an attack.

Former Chicago police Superintendent Eddie T. Johnson said Smollett paid the men $3,500 as part of his plan to create a hate crime to boost his career.

The actor, who came out as gay in 2015, was charged with making a false police report in February of 2019. A grand jury indicted him in March of 2019.

Then, “Smollett’s felony disorderly conduct charge was dropped by Cook County State Attorney Kim Foxx’s office. However, a judge later assigned a special prosecutor to the case who, in February 2020, charged the disgraced actor with six new counts of disorderly conduct,” per the National Review.

The City of Chicago would later sue Smollett for $130,000 for the cost of the investigation,” notes The Daily Mail.

Judge James Linn said he would not upset the already established arrangement. Smollett’s attorney has argued that his client’s rights are being violated because, per a previous deal with Cook County, he performed community service and forfeited a $10,000 bond.

Smollett has pled not guilty to the charges. Jury selection will begin on Nov. 29.

*For corrections please email corrections@timcast.com*

12 responses to “Jussie Smollett Will Go On Trial Over False Police Report”

  1. jeffersMORNING says:

    Dude tried triggering the original/ actual Jan. 6

  2. Underdog says:

    GlD he’s finally getting his due. Kim Fox should also be investigated for making a “deal ” to let him go. No account, she just decided to just let him walk. Almost everyone was shocked by it!

  3. jamessuraciart says:

    Why did this take so long? This should have happened immediately after it came out that he fabricated the whole thing.

  4. Laharl says:

    Wait, I thought it was a french actor ? Jussie Smolié ?

  5. ChetF says:

    We all need to see Jussie in teared up in cuffs on his way to meet some real racists.

  6. Wolv256 says:

    Give him the electric chair.

  7. nukedaddy777 says:

    “However, a judge later assigned a special prosecutor to the case” – As much as I think he ought to have received far more punishment than he already has, and that he got off easy – it seems like not only double jeopardy but a misapplication of law.

    Judges should not be in the business of assigning a “special prosecutor.” Our Courts have become wild and unlawful. We are not a government of by and for Courts and judges.

  8. exactly34 says:

    I thought Kim Fox let him go. Well I’m glad to see him on trial.

  9. pandusa says:

    One has to wonder, if suspects had been arrested, if he would have allowed innocent men to go to prison? Thank God, we will never know. I hate surveillance-but video tape does come in handy sometimes.

  10. NoOne123 says:

    “Johnson said Smollett paid the men $3,500 as part of his plan to create a hate crime to boost his career.”
    huh, only $3,500? I don’t know what i was expecting but that seems A LOT cheaper than i would have expected to pay someone to participate in fabricating a fake crime that could have very real consequences. like thats something I could afford to do though i would never do such a thing LOL

    Anyway, genuinely surprised to see him going to trial. I’m pretty blackpilled so i have basically no faith in any institution and immediately assume that he’ll get away with it and be found not guilty through some sort of corrupt means but hey its interesting to see this!

  11. TRose says:

    Going through the tweets from the tmz announcement is such a treat, thank you for digging it back up