Dozens of high school kids walked out of schools outside the Denver area on Thursday after refusing to comply with a mask mandate imposed upon them.

The ThunderRidge High School students held signs saying “my body, my choice” and told reporters that those who are scared of the virus should stay home after walking out of class around 9:30 a.m. They were joined by nearby middle school students and their parents.

Students from Legend High School in Douglas County also held a protest against the mandate.

The Tri-County Health Department announced earlier this week to require all students to wear masks — even those who have been vaccinated. The local CBS affiliate reports that they also prevented individual counties from opting out of public health orders.

The order took effect on September 1 and is expected to remain in place for the entire school year.

“I believe that masks, they’ve been going from mostly two years now, this is going to be the third year of my high school career that’s compromised. I want a normal high school career there. If you are scared you could stay home,” said student Austin Knapp as they rallied.

“These people agree with me, they hate masks. And I do, too,” said another student.

The Denver Channel reports that Thunder Ridge High School students were joined by Ranch View Middle School students and their parents.

“There’s enough parents, and there’s enough scientific data to show otherwise, that this is just not a necessary option that they have to take, and there are enough students that feel the same way,” said parent Amy Ellis.

Tri-County Health said in a statement to the Denver Channel that masks are to keep students in school.

“We understand that some parents and students are frustrated and disagree with the mask requirement, but masks provide protection and prevent the spread of disease which allows students to remain in school where they learn best.”

Editor’s Note: A previous version of this article, as well as the tweets embedded therein, may have given the impression that these schools are in the city of Denver, which is not the case. ThunderRidge High School is in Highlands Ranch, Colorado, and Legend High School is in Parker, Colorado.

16 responses to “High School Kids in Colorado Walk Out of Multiple Schools After Refusing to Comply With Mask Mandate (VIDEOS)”

1. UppityG says:

@Polish, amen!

2. Jackie_88 says:

Extra agree

3. prcntm says:

Please consider joining the Incomplete Doctrine of the Willful Abdication of Moral Absolutism. It is a religion I literally just made up which has a core tenet of “Always be Honest”. You can use this tenet to claim that by covering your face, you are indirectly being dishonest as the people you converse with may not be able to determine if you are lying to them or not.

It doesn’t even have to be the Incomplete Doctrine of the Willful Abdication of Moral Absolutism. A wide range of religions out there have similar tenets regarding honesty and any one of them can be co-opted in this way.

On a more serious note, I hope you are able to successfully fight this. It’s getting to the point where these issues are satirical but taken seriously. I don’t like where it could lead and I’d rather get back onto the right track.

4. prcntm says:

Here’s my take on it. It’s not really backed by any medical evidence. This is purely what I have deduced from my own critical thinking.

Masks are mainly to keep the wearer from spreading disease. Not just COVID-19, but pretty much anything that can be exhaled or coughed into or onto someone else. So the only subgroup of people that should be forced to wear masks are those who are actually sick. But there are also rules stating that if you are sick you have to quarantine away from everyone else. So this means that the only subgroup of people that should be forced to wear masks are almost never going to be in a situation that would require them to wear a mask in the first place; they won’t come into significant contact with people who they could spread the disease to. This means everyone else should be free to wear a mask of their own accord.

From this deduction, the mask mandates as they stand right now are not medically motivated. They are politically motivated. You don’t wear a mask to be safe from COVID-19; you wear one to be safe from prosecution by the mob who is scared of COVID-19. The problem is that enough of that scared mob is in positions of power with the ability to mandate these actions.

(A little aside here: we survived on the honor system for self quarantine and public health for literal centuries. Why are we all of the sudden worried that we might not know who does or does not have a single virus that has already successfully transitioned into the wild and whose lethality has already greatly diminished?)

5. 💥💥💥💥Boom!!! Drop the mic reply WILLIAM7182! Well said.✌️

6. William07182 says:

What college do you go to? Mine’s requiring 2 semesters of Critical Race Applied Principles (CRAP) in writing classes and it’s leaked into Crime in America, US Government, and now my Foundations of Business class. I’d take my scholarship money to another college but I’m stuck here till I beat a disability and can move out of the house. College is a scam and gov backed student loans perpetuate it. I would be out starting a business if my scholarship wasn’t for 100%. They’re also saying (because of the desantis ban) that “Masks are expected of everyone” (then buried miles deep in the email it admits “this is an expectation not a mandate”). It’s literally an indoctrination camp

7. julezy_adams says:

I’m from Colorado. Born and raised. This kinda thing? Gives me hope. Maybe the kids are all right after all.

8. jacob.elliott says:

I’m about to be EXPELLED from community college for refusing their mask mandates! After being removed from campus for refusing to wear one I filed a discrimination complaint. In response, they filed for STUDENT DISCIPLINARY ACTION!!!

I’d love to share my story with you!

9. frankaron says:

Good. Masks should be up to how each family want to deal with it. Mask mandate deserves a protest.

10. DoubleDownDee says:

@polishpierogi totally agree!! Americans might be friendly, but the “fuck you” spirit is still strong. I hope it picks up momentum.

11. VannicWolf says:

its a MUZZLE. “Keep your filthy mouth shut and do what your told!”

12. VannicWolf says:

agreed

I don’t know, the country of Sealand is pretty “Fuck you!” also.

14. MisterRepublic says:

LOL who thought the students were going to put up with this. They are itching for ANY reason to “buck” the system and this one is just too juicy to pass up. Now if they could just understand how BAD Critical Race Theory is we’d be golden.

15. Maiafay says:

They keep saying “masks protect you.” Yet still can’t give the science to prove it.

16. PolishPierogi says:

America has the greatest “fuck you” spirit the worlds ever seen. Glad it’s not lost on the zoomers. Medical tyrrany/technocracy sucks.