Politics /

Gavin Newsom Survives California Recall, Will Serve Full Term as Governor

California Governor Gavin Newsom defeated the Golden State’s recall election Tuesday night, ending Republican efforts to boot him from Sacramento with a blow-out majority.

The final tally was 63.9% against the recall and 36.1% for it, ending Conservative Commentator Larry Elder’s hopes of taking the Executive Mansion before next year’s general election.

″‘No’ is not the only thing that was expressed tonight,” Newsom said late Tuesday.

“We said yes to science. We said yes to vaccines. We said yes to ending this pandemic. We said yes to people’s right to vote without fear of fake fraud or voter suppression. We said yes to women’s fundamental, constitutional right to decide for herself what she does with her body and her fate and future,” he said.

Newsom raised $70 million this year to fend off his Republican challengers.

“This is what we’re facing: rising crime, declining quality of our public schools,” he said. “Rolling brownouts. Water shortages … I can’t think of anything that this man has done in the last two years that suggests he deserves another day in office,” said Republican Larry Elder.

“We are forcing them now to pay attention to the problem of homelessness. We are forcing them now to do a better job on schools,” Elder added.

7 responses to “Gavin Newsom Survives California Recall, Will Serve Full Term as Governor”

1. Merdrah says:

I really want to get to Texas. I’ve been trying to get my work to let me apply to positions out there but they are stonewalling me. Fine! I don’t want to be a security guard anymore. But I certainly don’t want to go to Austin and deal with MORE homeless.

2. Jtownsiv says:

Californians showed they love, authoritarianism, lock downs, illegal edicts, high crime, insane poverty, high gas, high taxes. What perplexes me about the California voter is they blame all the plights of the state on republicans, yet the republicans have 0 control of anything.

• Garce says:

They showed they take fear further than anything else. Fear drives people to the polls more than hope. Media did the rest, as they always do.

• Capt_Cook says:

I live in Commiefornia and can tell you, every single person I know voted to recall. There are a ton of people with TDS here but they also voted to recall. There has to be some BS afoot.

• Wolv256 says:

No we fucking didn’t. We voted to kick this fucker out of office. We tracked down the petitions and went out and signed them. They rigged this to keep him and everyone knows it. Don’t fucking blame us.

• Wolv256 says:

They told us beforehand it would take about three days to count votes before we knew who the winner was. Then they just announced he would win before the polls even closed. Completely and obviously rigged. And we all knew it would be. Audit these fuckers and then prosecute them all.

• Wolv256 says:

I live in California and worked hard to get here. I spent years working to buy a home, fix it up, and make a life here. I’ve done hundred of trips to Home Depot and spent countless weekends repairing and improving stuff. I am fucking proud of it and I am not fucking leaving because of these terrorist assholes.

You can advise me to leave, but fuck you, I’m not fucking leaving. I will fight these assholes and stand my ground. Nazis will not force me from my home and poor jealous losers who cannot afford to live where I do will not mock me for being here.

I do not fucking comply!