vaccine /

De Blasio on Vaccines: ‘We Tried Voluntary … The Voluntary Phase is Over’

New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio surprised millions of residents in the Big Apple this week when he declared the “voluntary phase” of COVID vaccinations is “over” for public workers and municipal employees like firefighters, EMTs, teachers, and others.

De Blasio was speaking with MSNBC host Joe Scarborough when he was asked if the city could impose more vaccination mandates on locals.

“Yes, we are climbing a ladder. I’m not answering yes to your question yet,” he said during his July 27 appearance.

“But if that’s not enough, I think we got to be ready to climb the ladder more,” he added. “And I think private sector entities can do some of that right now. Public sector entities need to move as quickly as possible … We’ve got to put pressure on this situation. Evolutionary, but fast evolutionary. ”

“We’ve got to shake people at this point and say, ‘Come on now.’ We tried voluntary. We could not have been more kind and compassionate. Free testing, everywhere you turn, incentives, friendly, warm embrace. The voluntary phase is over,” de Blasio added.

“We can keep doing those things. I’m not saying shut it down. I’m saying voluntary alone doesn’t work,” he claimed. “It’s time for mandates, because it’s the only way to protect our people.”

De Blasio moved earlier this week to force all city workers to receive the vaccine or subject themselves to weekly COVID tests.

“We all know the Delta variant has thrown us a curveball,” de Blasio told reporters during his Monday briefing. “This is about our recovery, this is what we need to do to bring back New York City. This is about keeping people safe.”

28 responses to “De Blasio on Vaccines: ‘We Tried Voluntary … The Voluntary Phase is Over’”

1. TheDarkworld says:

Crazy how your phone is auto correcting unvaccinated.

2. TheDarkworld says:

3. Tony_Friendly says:

Bingo.

4. yamyule says:

I’d rather die than be forced to vax. We don’t all stand up to this now…it gets worse. CRT is about power. Mandatory lockdowns and vax…at this point all power. Freedom or death. Come at me bro.

5. ApecoreBreakdown says:

Im going to a concert in the city and if they ask for a passpory im just gonna show them my asshole instead

6. I mandate your lips on my ass!

7. PapaLock says:

Been told by medical doctor that I should not take the Vaccine as they call it. Mostly cause it will mess with my PET Scan as I battle stage 3 Lung Cancer. I know I am in the vunerable segment of the population. I also live in the middle of nowhere and specialize in IT so work remotely now from home for over a year now. I know I am one of the fortunate ones to remain employed through all this covid stuff especially given my health issues. There are people out here that have legit reason that medical doctors told them not to get the Fauci Ouchey. So I am with Tim consult your doctor and have him help you decide if the shot is right for you.

8. ohiomom says:

Its refreshing to know that there are still many people who can think for themselves and decide what’s best for themselves. I don’t know how these people can sleep at night knowing they could’ve prevented many deaths by letting the medical field speak and do their job.

9. nicholasgay says:

It’s gene therapy…

I don’t understand why people keep calling it a vaccine. Disingenuous.

10. Feddy_Von_Wigglestein says:

Sounds familiar. “15 days to slow the spread!” becomes FOREVER LOCKDOWNS! Voluntary vaccination becomes mAnDaToRy. Duplicitous, evil two-timing democrats are going to be the death of this nation.

11. CNN_sucks says:

This is the utopia NYC commies have been waiting for. Enjoy your utopia while playing with your marbles. Remember orange man bad.

12. bus48 says:

This “vaccine” is not a vaccine at all. It’s a treatment…like a manicure or botox.

13. mainten84 says:

None of this happens without the ability to debt spend. THE ONLY reason why they can get even this far, is because they are being funded. Nothing works without funding. Have to ever noticed the surge of this liberal authoritarianism and corruption reaches new heights ever single time there is a stimulus package???

14. CrispyBacon says:

Enjoy the microscopic clots found in 60% of vaccine recipients all over their body. Increasing resistance to blood flow and predicted to lead to hypertension and ultimately heart failure in 3-5yrs. This is completely in line with results of SARS-COV1 animal vaccine experiments 10yrs ago that found lesions in the heart/lungs/brain

15. Vashts1985 says:

im not avoiding the shot because of medical misinformation, i am avoiding the shot because of the reaction im seeing from our so called leaders to people not taking it…

16. Jillzy11 says:

January 6th had 3 purposes.
    1. Much like the so called “patriot” act, which was anything but patriotic, we lost many freedoms for security.
    2. Another method to turn the other half against us.
    3. To send a clear message to any patriot to not dare to go against the new regime.
    People who even think about rising up will be dealt with swiftly and harshly.
    Democrats spend their 4 years working on anything to keep themselves in power to continue enriching themselves and their buddies, and going after republicans for any minor offense they can find. They accomplish NOTHING positive for Americans!
    It’s laughable the left is going after some old man getting free rent from Trump, while Cuomo literally got away with murder.
    Remember when the left said Trump supporters would still be loyal even if Trump murdered someone. Boy, they sure do deflect and tell on themselves! Listen to what they accuse others of. They themselves have either done it or are planning to do it. Rules for radicals 101

17. arakitai says:

The desperation is so clear. These people are now openly playing the part of the villains. Speaking the same talking points as 1920’s Germany. We must have control. We must have compliance. It is THOSE people’s fault. THEY are the reason we are (insert complaint here.) They’ve clearly screwed up their Great Revolution and the toppling of the American Right.

Now come the mandates. Now come the jack boots kicking in doors and dragging grandma and your 12 year old daughter off to be ‘medicated.’ Well, figuratively. They’ll tone it down, of course, to whatever level they think Americans will tolerate. But they fucked up. Normal people got off this train right around the time they started figuring out that Delta was breaking through the vaccine. They won’t fight, they won’t even say anything. But the left just lost two thirds of the country. What remains is inept loyalists and power hungry vampires. They have scraped off every normal human in this country from their base until all that is left is the worst possible people.

Now comes the nastiest part of the fight. But I think they’ve already lost it.

I think this is basically how it unfolds. About half the vaccinated people, the loyalists, will blame the vaccinated for Delta. Never mind that Delta started in India. The authoritarian politicians will use their rage to enact insane policies. The two sides will be enraged. But unfortunately it’ll become clearer and clearer that there is little difference between vaccinated and vaccinated. Eventually variants will completely escape the vaccine. (Ask any 3rd year med student. They will tell you that there are too many reservoirs to defeat this virus with this type of a vaccine protocol.) The web of lies will become untenable and the leftist narrative will completely collapse. This is the moment when the leftists will snap. They will know they’ve lost and they will be beyond reason in their rage. Either there will be massive violence or they will slink away into the nearest dark corner, not to be seen again for a generation.

18. Old_Frog says:

I would recommend all the city workers that can’t get the vaccine or have had Covid to quit. Let’s see what a little labor shortage can do to a city. Too much garbage? Too bad. There is no one to pick it up.

19. DevilMayRage says:

Not advocating violence…but this is how to kick off unrest.

20. zelk62 says:

Wake up NYC you voted this Jackass in. Use your vote wisely next time.

21. Anno713 says:

Those that give up freedom for a little security deserve neither. Say no to this shit NYC citizens. This is no longer a political issue but an attack on our liberties and inherent human rights. De Blasio, to address your analogy on ladders, sometimes ladders fall. Be careful making threats if you can’t back them up little man.

Counterpoint: Your reign is over.

23. IntegratedCrazy says:

I refuse. I’ll die before I let these elitist shit bags put that crap in me.

24. Browns says:

They said this wouldn’t happen. They said they would never force anyone to get the vaccine. And yet, here we are.

25. TheDarkworld says:

The mask comes off. I’ve been really against saying things like this so far but it’s about time to water the tree. After seeing what happened in France it’s clear protests and debates are not enough. We’re headed down a very dark path if this doesn’t stop. They don’t care about the science, they really don’t even care about human lives. They just want power.

Fuck you. Eat shit and choke, you fascist.

27. theframerswereright says:

DeBlasio is a clown.

28. endless3cho says:

I’m really not surprised that some like De Blasio would say something like this but I am surprised that it was said out loud.