covid-19 /

Chicago Mayor Lori Lightfoot Has Tested Positive for COVID

Chicago Mayor Lori Lightfoot has tested positive for COVID-19.

Lightfoot, who is fully vaccinated and boosted, announced the test results in a pair of tweets on Tuesday.

“Earlier today, I tested positive for COVID-19. I am experiencing cold-like symptoms but otherwise feel fine which I credit to being vaccinated and boosted. I will continue to work from home while following the CDC guidelines for isolation,” Lightfoot tweeted.

The Democrat mayor also used the opportunity to urge people to go get vaccinated and boosted.

“This is an urgent reminder for folks to get vaccinated and boosted as it’s the only way to beat this pandemic,” Lightfoot added.

Lightfoot has been in the midst of a week long battle with the Chicago Teachers Union. Students in the third largest school district in the nation will finally be returning to classes on Wednesday, after Lightfoot says the union engaged in an “illegal” strike and teachers refused to work for four days.

Her positive test comes less than 24 hours after she held a press conference about the negotiations with the union.

According to a report from ABC 7, Illinois reported 28,110 new COVID-19 cases on Tuesday and 92 related deaths. The statewide positivity rate is 16.9%.

According to Block Club Chicago, “Lightfoot was criticized by some for holding a staff party in December, after which some members of the Mayor’s Office tested positive but she did not quarantine, according to reports. Lightfoot criticized reporters who asked about the party, saying her staff had worn masks and she tests regularly because she interacts with the public and wants to protect herself, her team and her family.”

“Some members of the Mayor’s Office also have been working from home in recent weeks due to exposures. Questioned about that, Lightfoot said it was ‘disingenuous’- to compare the city’s remote work policy to the teachers union’s demands for virtual learning,” the report continued.”

The Chicago Office of Emergency Management and the Chicago Department of Public Health was distributing 1.5 million KN95 masks in the city on Tuesday. They are available for residents at aldermanic offices.

8 responses to “Chicago Mayor Lori Lightfoot Has Tested Positive for COVID”

1. HeroZero1 says:

My brain hurts….wow just wow! To stop the pandemic get jabbed n boosted to the moon, it doesn’t stop or slow the spread but by the science of magic it’ll ……stop …you know the thing.

2. CJS3 says:

BeetlejuiceBeetlejuiceBeetlejuice !!!

3. TuckR8 says:

The vaccine is the only way to end the pandemic! – a vaxed and boosted governor with Covid in isolation to keep her vaxed and boosted ass from spreading the virus the vaccine is supposed to end.

4. prcntm_2nd_try says:

Initial reaction: ha. Ha ha. HA Ha ha. Ha Ha Ha! Ah Ha Ha HAA! Oh my god… phew… oh… *stifles chorkle* Okay. I’m good.

For real, I hope she recovers, but why would you actually promote the vaccine and its boosters as a way to beat the pandemic at this point? Vaccines only protect an individual. Leftists are usually all about the collective. How does this oxymoronic behavior survive in those atrophied frontal lobes?

5. HerrDoktor says:

Sad that happened. I hope she gets better. Specifically, I hope she doesn’t turn her nose up at the therapeutics available to her. Perhaps their efficacy will also make the news.

6. Devilsgun says:

I doubt that this septic Muppet is too worried, given the sheer volume and strength of the viruses, diseases, stinks, and other nastiness that her filthy hide already plays host to. COVID is child’s play compared to the shit in the greasy layer of schmutz that coats its body

And the ineffective vaccine list continues…How can POTUS mandate a vax that is not reasonably effective and does not appear to stop transmission? Why should I risk side effects, if I am going to get another variant anyway ? I already have neurological damage and believe I had the virus. I have an immune system that is of the type that has protected the human species for 200,000-300,000 years. I am all for vaccines…for people that WANT them.

8. MontyLalado says: