Steve Bannon, the former aide to President Donald Trump and host of WarRoom, claims that at least 35 allies of the former president had their homes raided by the FBI on Thursday.
Bannon announced the raids during an appearance on the Charlie Kirk Show on Real America’s Voice.
BREAKING: Steve Bannon drops BOMBSHELL revealing 35 senior Trump allies were raided by Regime FBI yesterday
— Benny Johnson (@bennyjohnson) September 9, 2022
Lawyer and First Amendment expert Harmeet Dhillon also confirmed that Trump allies she knows were raided.
“There were 35 FBI raids last night,” Bannon said. “And there’s another grand jury coming together on January 6th, the Washington Post reported it. THIRTY-FIVE Senior Members of MAGA, Republicans, supporters of Donald Trump that the FBI rolled in on.”
Bannon noted that all of the people who were raided have lawyers that the agency could have contacted.
“They didn’t need to do it. Right? All these people have lawyers. The jack-booted Gestapo has to show up at their door and make a big display of this,” Bannon said.
After Kirk tweeted out the news, Dhillon replied, “can confirm this happened to many Trump allies I know as well.”
Can confirm this happened to many Trump allies I know as well.
— Harmeet K. Dhillon (@pnjaban) September 9, 2022
Neither Dhillon nor Bannon named any of the people who were allegedly raided.
Bannon was indicted for fraud in New York earlier this week for his role in “We Build the Wall,” which he had been pardoned by Trump for on his last day in office.
A pardon only applies for federal charges, not charges brought by state prosecutors.
Bannon has been accused of keeping one million dollars from a viral fundraising effort to build a wall along the southern border. The effort, called “We Build the Wall,” raised over $25 million. The federal case had alleged he defrauded donors and used the money for personal expenses.
In a statement addressing the indictment, Bannon wrote, “just days after being swatted three different times by deranged thugs from New York City inspired by the Biden Administration to assassinate me by police, the Soros-backed DA has now decided to pursue phony charges against me 60 days before the midterm election because WarRoom is the major source of the MAGA grassroots movement.”
“The SDNY did the exact same thing in August 2020 to try to take me out of the election. It didn’t work then, it certainly won’t work now,” Bannon continued. “This is nothing more than a partisan political weaponization of the criminal justice system.”
READ: Steve Bannon’s full statement on WaPo report pic.twitter.com/cmwqkepUBg
— Jayne Zirkle (@JayneZirkle) September 7, 2022
Bannon added, “they are coming after all of us, not only President Trump and myself.”
“I am never going to stop fighting. In fact, I have not yet begun to fight. They will have to kill me first,” Bannon concluded.
Bannon was convicted of contempt in July for defying a congressional subpoena from the House Committee Investigating January 6. He is facing up to two years in federal prison and is scheduled to be sentenced in October.