Australia Sends Their Military to Enforce Coronavirus Lockdowns in Sydney

The Australian military will now be working with local police to enforce coronavirus lockdowns and restrictions in Sydney — including knocking on residents doors to make sure they are complying.

On Monday, approximately 300 soldiers will begin patrolling the city of six million people, which is under strict lockdown orders until August 28.

NPR reports that “the military’s help is needed to enforce the restrictions because a small minority of people thought ‘the rules didn’t apply to them,’ New South Wales Police Minister David Elliott told Australia’s Channel Nine.”

“Australian Prime Minister Scott Morrison has come in for heavy criticism in recent weeks over the slow pace of vaccinations in Australia, where about 14% have been fully dosed — one of the poorest records among any member country of the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development,” the report explains.

Will, a resident in Bankstown, told the Guardian that the military deployment was just a “continuation” of the heavy-handed approach to enforcement in the region.

“It’s a sign of a continuation of the militarised and policed response to this entire outbreak,” he said. “It continues the way western Sydney is policed, the way movement and recreation is policed, but at the same time it amplifies it and marginalises people. It just makes it worse.”

“Their deployment is such a statement about the nature of the problem, and the problem is us, the people who live in western Sydney. They’re saying the problem isn’t the vaccine rollout or their failure to support people, the problem is our compliance.”

The resident described the troop rollout as an “invasion” and said that he believes that it will increase skepticism among those who are not vaccinated.

“I can’t think of anything that will lend more credence to conspiracy theories than this,” the concerned resident added. “I can’t think of anything – they’ve been talking about martial law for so long, and now it’s confirmed.”

The US government describes Martial law as “the temporary substitution of military authority for civilian rule and is usually invoked in time of war, rebellion, or natural disaster.”

Though what is happening in Sydney sounds very similar to what one would expect to see under Martial Law, and the general description, it is not — unless a military commander takes over authority to make and enforce laws.

Morrison has responded to outrage over the heavy handed lockdowns by urging people to get vaccinated if they want their freedom back.

“If you get vaccinated, there will be special rules that apply to you. Why? Because if you’re vaccinated, you present less of a public health risk. You are less likely to get the virus. You are less likely to transmit it,” the prime minister told reporters on Friday, according to The Sydney Morning Herald.

15 responses to “Australia Sends Their Military to Enforce Coronavirus Lockdowns in Sydney”

1. Sliceyy says:

Every western government wants to have the control that China has over its people, so yes China plays a part irrespective of geographic proximity.

2. Sliceyy says:

For what it’s worth lads, the army wouldn’t need to fire a single bullet.

They know 99% of “city slickers” can’t survive a week if resources are taken away, so they’ll just work their way thru Maslow’s Hierarchy of needs on a mass scale.

Because everything is centralized it’ll be a breeze.

First, they’ll block access to internet/ telecoms/ media. This will make you feel isolated and unable to coordinate any real resistance. Next, they’ll switch off the electricity, then the water gets turned off. Add in propaganda, white noise, bright lights and other distractions and they’ll have you at each others throats in no time.

Normies, lefties and beta’s will be first to give up, then it’s just a matter of time before hunger, medical, psychological, physical, emotional, morale issues thin the herd to leave the “diehards” – then the battle begins, maybe.

I’m with you 100%, just thought I’d share this alternate scenario…I think I might be a pyscho or summit lol 😋

3. Spider_Guard says:

At what point is enough enough and it all collapses? Lock downs, masks, et al- it’s not really about a virus at this point, it feels like it’s about authoritarianism. There appears to be no logic or reason other than power.

Scary times we face- and watching Australia devolve into a prison camp is a harbinger of what is to come here in the states- wake up America- this is their end goal.

4. Deon says:

Sydneysider here, not in the severe lockdown areas, but still pretty oppressive.
    Have discovered a whole lot more walking around my neighbourhood in this lockdown (Sydney has amazing bush tracks surprisingly close to the city itself).
    The death rate is 10x less than it was last year in Australia, I don’t know, at what point, they will admit the lockdowns weren’t necessary. Likely never.
    Authoritarianism doesn’t really reward dissent, so protesting is no point, there were thousands of police guarding the CBD yesterday to deter and lock up protesters.

I am not religious either. But these satanic cult terrorists trying to destroy the world worship the devil.

6. N.Hampton559 says:

I am not religious but I absolutely agree with you.

6uild 6ack 6etter. 666. Satanic Great Reset. Wake up!!!

8. Unworried says:

Does Australia’s physical proximity to China play into the story? I feel as though it might.

9. russellg says:

I’m from Melbourne and I couldn’t agree more. I was a proud Australian patriot, but now I feel like a prisoner.

10. JamesAshford says:

before 2020 I was a proud patriot of my country, thought it was the greatest in the world and never would have thought of leaving, now after watching my country devolve into an authoritarian regime, I’m currently debating leaving for another country. like we are at the stage where we can’t protest either online or in real life, we can’t vote as they have “temporary” cancelled elections and it wouldn’t matter anyway as all of the major parties support extreme lockdowns. I know for a fact that even if we were vaccinated we still wouldn’t be able to go back to normal as people could still die from corvid even if vaccinated and given they are pushing that the police are overwhelmed they are probably gonna increase their budget and recruit more officers and more surveillance. like even when I want to do anything outside, you are extremely limited not only by the rules which you have check regularly as they change on a regular basis but if even one person invited is pro lockdown or you are seen by one, or worse you live with one they are fully able to alert authorities to arrest you so you are so constantly on edge everytime you go outside that most of the time it’s not worth it. seriously fuck my godforsaken country.

11. Nova says:

IKR, I’m Australian and I think its disgusting and I oppose this bullshit but sadly I cant vote out those who did this because its not my state.

Imagine if you had the military lockdown an entire city and there were demands for crew manned machine guns, like in USA… If you pricks would sort out your media and social media companies the world would be a lot better off but you’re too spineless and pathetic. The person who sits in the white house STOLE the election, talk about fresh hell…

12. Nova says:

I do own guns, about 30 of them.

Defund Australia

14. Kelsier_The_Survivor says:

I bet you wish you still had guns huh?

15. Jat2339 says:

The military is providing door to door enforcement against its citizens…what kind of fresh hell is this Australians?