TikTok Star Greeted Trump and Twitter is Mad

By Hannah Claire Brimelow

TikTok starlet Addison Rae faces speculation she is a secret Republican after introducing herself to President Donald Trump at UFC 264.

The dancer has been a popular creator on TikTok since 2019. “She now has 81.9M followers on the platform, and is estimated to be worth $5 million. Addison earns almost $70,000 per social media post and up to $80,000 per month from her YouTube channel that has over 4.7 million subscribers,” according to The Sun.

The 20-year-old irritated journalists by saying she studied broadcast journalism for three months to prepare for the red carpet interviews she conducted before the event,

Now a video titled “Addison Rae Says Hi to Donald Trump!” filmed at the event has over three million views.

Business Insider reported “the TikTok star can be seen leaving her seat after spotting Trump in the front row and tapping him on the shoulder. ‘I’m Addison. Nice to meet you. I have to say hi, hello. So nice to meet you,’ she told a person who appears to be Trump at Conor McGregor and Dustin Poirier’s UFC 264 match on Saturday.”

Clips of the interaction were posted on Twitter where Rae was denounced for ‘fangirling’ over Trump. One viral post of the video from the account DefNoodles was removed. The account was later suspended for violating Twitter’s rules.

Rae was previously accused on TikTok of being a Republican. A user named @tommy.memetastic claimed he had found proof through the Vote Joe app that had voted Republican in Tarzana, California in in 2014, 2016 and 2018.

However, because she was born in 2000 and is from Louisiana, the claim appeared to be false. In response to the accusation, Rae said she was not registered to vote.

The internet has a history of policing Rae’s behavior. In addition to being called a Trump supporter, Rae has been accused of ‘blackfishing’ or altering her appearance to resemble African ethnicities. She posted an apology video in the summer of 2020 after a video resurfaced where she called Black Lives Matter a cult and said “all lives matter.”

For corrections, please email corrections@timcast.com

13 responses to “TikTok Star Greeted Trump and Twitter is Mad”

1. thunderforcegod@yahoo.com says:

There is absolutely nothing wrong with what she did. “Accuse’ her of being a righty? Sp what if she is? There’s nothing wrong with that. It’s not illegal it’s not bad. I don’t like that rhetoric when I hear it. I would never issue an apology for anything pf that nature, Know what I pay it any more Attention than what Is required to say go fuck yourself fuck them off and keep moving. I’ve had a few shut the fuck ups in there also. I just don’t see how these people think they can affect somebody with words like that that’s just ridiculous to me. I would not let any buddy talking shit like that affect my day and I would just keep moving. And if they physically got in my way I would slap the shit out Whoever it was and keep walking. Guess that’s just the difference in my generation. We grew up with Pantera, Tool, SoaD,….Somehow I think the music Has a lot to do with how generations grow up.

2. Mallyrith says:

She needs to stop playing the celebrity game and be honest

• Masshole says:

if she doesn’t play the game she won’t have a voice left. sometimes you have to play if you want to win. this is something that conservatives at large don’t seem to uinderstand. if you just stand there with your nose in the air while your opponent cheats while you do nothing about it.. you lose.

3. Kshthymyla says:

I, for one, fully support her right to attempt to pester people more famous than herself to say hello in a friendly manner.

4. Bmwc94 says:

Gives me hope knowing that the kids can still think for themselves. Also wonderful that the next generation has common decency and manners

5. Bigly12025 says:

Hard hitting reporting here. What an important story.

6. DCDave says:

My life would have been much happier had I not been made aware of the existence of someone named Meghan Reinks. – I am now depressed as well 🙁 If fucking Tweeter isn’t the worst pos thing that was ever invented I don’t know what is. What a fucking cesspool dimwitted garbage.

7. sloanmatthews says:

Dude. I despised Obama, but if the dude was five feet from me I would have done the same thing.
    He’s an American President. Good Lord these people are ridiculous, and so what if she’s a Republican.

• Apoclord says:

I mean I think Biden is the worst thing to happen to America since the Great Depression but I’d probably still be friendly towards him. Then again we’ve been saying it for a while now that it’s what separates us so much. The difference is common decency. Got my manners from my mom and grandpa but my attitude from my grandma. I’d be courteous and respectful but I wouldn’t tolerate disrespect either. That’s the key thing. I think we’ve been tolerating this level of disrespect from people for far too long. Stories tell a man in old times would get shot for spitting in another man’s direction.

Now we allow them to spit at us, throw food and drinks on us, treat us as 3rd class citizens with not a consequence and in a lot of ways we’ve been cucked by our own legal system.

8. Stevenesparza577 says:

All Thanks to the Nelk boys

9. TomServo says:

What an absolutely insane country. She “may” be one of the two major parties.

10. CofresiPirata says:

That is like the Stasi or Gestapo watching anyone that may be anti communist or anti Nazi

11. reinsteder says:

It makes me laugh out loud when they use the term “suspect ‘ or “secret republican” as if were living in 1940s Germany and they think there on the right side of history. I hope she is and I hope she doesn’t apologize if that is the case. Luckily for her teenage boys don’t care about politics so her career should be relatively safe. It’s unfortunate she apologized to the mob for call out BLM for what it is though…