By Cassandra Fairbanks

Tennessee Senator Marsha Blackburn took aim at Taylor Swift in a recent interview, saying that the pop icon would be the “first victim” of a Marxist government.

Swift has frequently spoke out against Blackburn, including during one of her first endorsements. The singer endorsed Blackburn’s Democrat opponent, saying that the Republican’s voting record “appalls and terrifies” her.

Speaking to Breitbart News this week, Blackburn warned the pop princess about the dangerous road she is going down with her politics.

“When you talk about country music, and I know the left is all out now and trying to change country music and make it woke,” Blackburn said. “When I’m talking to my friends who are musicians and entertainers, I say, ‘If we have a socialistic government—if we have Marxism—you are going to be the first ones who will be cut off because the state would have to approve your music.’”

“Taylor Swift came after me in my 2018 campaign,” she continued. “But Taylor Swift would be the first victim of that because when you look at Marxist socialistic societies, they do not allow women to dress or sing or be on stage or to entertain or the type music she would have. They don’t allow protection of private intellectual property rights.”

In a 2020 Netflix documentary on Swift’s life, Miss Americana, she claimed that Blackburn is “Trump in a wig.”

Two years before that, Swift wrote about her beef with the senator on Instagram.

“As much as I have in the past and would like to continue voting for women in office, I cannot support Marsha Blackburn. Her voting record in Congress appalls and terrifies me,” Swift wrote. “She voted against equal pay for women. She voted against the Reauthorization of the Violence Against Women Act, which attempts to protect women from domestic violence, stalking, and date rape. She believes businesses have a right to refuse service to gay couples. She also believes they should not have the right to marry. These are not MY Tennessee values.”

Swift ran a voter drive and campaigned as hard as she could against Blackburn — but ultimately failed.

For corrections, please email [email protected]

17 responses to “Senator Marsha Blackburn Says Taylor Swift Would Be ‘First Victim’ of Marxist Government”

1. Bigly12025 says:

some moronic singer named taylor does not have relevant opinions.

2. roflo1804 says:

Swift needs a swift kick in the derriere, and more proprietary holdings of her singer by her record managers. She doesn’t know what she’s talking about.

3. NONCOMPLIANT says:

Swift throws out the names of a few laws, that she herself, knows not one word of, beyond said name. She has a whole hell of a lot to say, about things she knows NOTHING about !

4. UppityG says:

It’s amazing to me that virtually every state with a one or two city metropolises (metropoli?) end up wishing said cities would disappear. It seems to me that when enough overgrown babies populate a city, it becomes a festering, fetid, resource hogging, wisdom rejecting, expensive, over-medicated, over-decorated child care center.

And then the cities glorify themselves endlessly in media and before you know it, the rest of the state is treated like the help.

Time for states to institute an Electoral College for statewide elections. Because if we don’t, the overgrown babies that love to vote like a hive will keep outvoting (and cheating) the rest of us.

5. KingJoey22 says:

Taylor is correct, these aren’t HER values, but these are TENNESSEE’s values. Nashville is a scourge on the great and beautiful state.

6. Alucard says:

Taylor swift would be removed she’s a strong female with influence like any strong female with influence when she would have incorrect speech show would be shamed and excommunicated as those before her

7. tehkenny says:

no, it’s becky

8. JRizzo says:

I’d wager that 75-85% of left leaning young Americans do.

9. TheDarkworld says:

I wish you were right but my college experience contradicts that

10. TheDarkworld says:

She’d be right

11. Baronhalt8 says:

Not only that. She most definitely wouldn’t be allowed to criticize someone in the govt.

12. Devilsgun says:

Taylor Swift is trash. Imagine being the kind of unthinking impotent lefttrash that idolize this trollup

13. Scootouchard says:

I know I don’t listen to Hollywood celebrities or sports celebrities for any kind of advice or information. Does anyone actually?

14. PolishPierogi says:

She’s always been a loud mouth RINO. Never trust what they say, follow what they do, and THEIR MONEY.

15. RedimereSol says:

Live in TN pretty close to Nashville, Marsha Blackburn is better than the Dem that Swift was pushing but her voting record is also trash and I would consider her an establishment RHINO and not an America first congresswoman and I don’t think she cares at all about her constituents. Her house on Old Hickory is one of the most extravagant homes I’ve ever seen as well, all for her and her husband, and they are almost never there.

16. Moritsune says:

Taydolf Switler strikes again

17. Feddy_Von_Wigglestein says:

When will the hollyweird fuckers realize nobody listens to them?