News /

Prince Andrew Settles With Virginia Giuffre for Undisclosed Amount


Prince Andrew has settled with sexual abuse accuser Virginia Giuffre for an undisclosed amount, according to reports.

Giuffre claims that she was trafficked to Prince Andrew by both Jeffrey Epstein and Ghislaine Maxwell when she was a teenager.

On Tuesday, lawyers for both Giuffre and Prince Andrew filed a letter saying that the parties had reached an agreement.

“We write jointly with counsel for defendant to advise the Court that the parties reached a settlement,” Giuffre’s attorney David Boies wrote in a letter to U.S. District Judge Lewis Kaplan.

The amount of the settlement is being kept private, but the letter did note that Prince Andrew would be making a substantial donation to Giuffre’s organization that supports victims’ rights.

Guiffre previously filed a lawsuit against Epstein that was settled for $500,000 before going to trial in 2009. The deal was confidential until recently when it was made public because of its potential importance to the Prince Andrew case.

Last month, Buckingham Palace announced that Prince Andrew, the Duke of York, was being stripped of his military titles and charities.

A royal source told CNN on Thursday, Andrew will also no longer use the style “His Royal Highness” in any official capacity.

“With The Queen’s approval and agreement, the Duke of York’s military affiliations and Royal patronages have been returned to The Queen. The Duke of York will continue not to undertake any public duties and is defending this case as a private citizen,” said the palace statement.

All of the Duke’s roles have been handed back to the Queen with immediate effect for redistribution to other members of the Royal Family.

*For corrections please email [email protected]*

Comments are closed.