economy /

Half of Democrats and 70 Percent of All Voters, Say Inflation Is ‘Affecting Their Family Budget’


Half of Democrats and over 70 percent of all voters say that inflation is “affecting their family budget,” according to a recent survey.

Pollsters at iCitizen asked voters, “is the current rate of inflation affecting your family budget?” Majorities of 50.3 percent of Democrats, 89.9 percent of Republicans, and 77.8 percent of Independents answered “yes.”

Broken down by gender, male and female responses were nearly identical, with 74.5 percent of men and 74.6 percent of women saying “yes.”

Responses varied slightly more when broken down by race, with 73.9 percent of Whites, 68.8 percent of Blacks, and 68.1 percent of Hispanics answering “yes.”

“Age, the age group with the highest Yes response rate was the 35-49 year old group at 81.2% followed by the 50-64 year old group at 78.8%, followed by the over 65 year old group at 72.9%, followed by the 18-34 year old group at 59%,” the pollsters report.

When looking at location, “all regions of the country had almost identical responses with 71.0% of the Northeast answering Yes, 79.7% of the West answering Yes, 72.5% of the Midwest answering Yes, and 76.8% of the South answering Yes.”

“Clearly inflation is having a very broad impact across the country irrespective of who you are, how old you are, where you live, what your politics are, and the level of your education,” iCitizen’s report concluded.

iCitizen polled 1762 demographically identified respondents from December 15 through the 17th.

According to a recent report from Breitbart News, the nation is currently in the midst of the highest inflation rate since 1974, with a 9.6 percent rise in producer prices.

“When you look at goods that are processed by U.S. manufacturers for sale to other businesses, such as an appliance manufacturer selling to a retailer or a software maker selling to an digital game store, prices are up by more than 26 percent,” the report explained.

*For corrections please email corrections@timcast.com*

3 responses to “Half of Democrats and 70 Percent of All Voters, Say Inflation Is ‘Affecting Their Family Budget’”

  1. nrol34 says:

    As we become green and do not use OIL, oil by-products will become more expensive. What are they? Ammonia for fertilizers, artificial threads for textiles (Rayon, nylon), carpeting, roofing materials, lubricating oil, synthetic rubber, plastics, pharmaceuticals (steroids, cortisone, and …). Just think fuel is 72% of the production (Kerosine, jet fuel, diesel, gasoline). Fuel will become a waste product. The other 28% of what is left goes into the plastics we pollute with and the products we need. All this will have to come from land crops or algae.

    The Federal Govt wants 30% of the land in conservation. 12% is already in national parks and government land. 18% of the land will go into conservation. The land above the Ogalala Aquifer is being targeted. Nebraska, South Dakota, Eastern Colorado, Western Kansas and land down to Texas. The Gov. of Nebraska is angry and so are the farmers in the state.

    Interest rates are going to go up, stocks will die. Germany had the Weimar republic fiasco with lots of money. The US during the depression had inflation, high interest, driving farms out of business and people from their homes. Have no debt and invest in Agribusiness or buy land through AcreTrader, buy commodities, REITS or ETFs.

    The transportation industry is risky because of electric cars. Batteries are an issue. The batteries for the GM Bolt have twice the Whr/L (energy density) than the Tesla. VW and QuantumSolace just made a solid-state battery that works. Dendrites would short these batteries out. Last month an electrolyte was found that does not allow dendrite formation. The new solid-state batteries tout 1000Whr/L (4 times more than Tesla). Charging time is measured in minutes rather than hours. The most efficient cars have a motor on each wheel rather than a transmission and one motor. Hyundai is working on putting a motor on each wheel.
    Hydrogen fuel cells is being looked at for aircraft, long haul vehicles, military vehicles, and off-road vehicles. Elon Musk can’t predict this market. I would stay in AG businesses.

  2. quatre5 says:

    inflation is the only thing were all “in this together” with

  3. Devilsgun says:

    Oh hey, elections have consequences Dems. Suffer