Nation /

CUOMO QUITS: Andrew Cuomo Resigns as NY Governor Over Sexual Harassment Scandal

New York Governor Andrew Cuomo caved to growing pressure Tuesday and formally resigned from office over allegations of sexual harassment from at least 11 women who worked alongside the top Democrat.

“New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo (D) has resigned from office after a bombshell report released by state Attorney General Letitia James (D) found he sexually harassed 11 women, including some who worked in his office, and violated state and federal laws,” reports The Hill.

“Cuomo had faced an inundation of calls for his departure and an impeachment hearing in the state Assembly that appeared all but guaranteed to spark a trial in the state Senate. Should he have survived potential impeachment proceedings, he also faced daunting reelection prospects in 2022,” adds the outlet.

Cuomo maintained his innocence leading up to the announcement.

“My attorney, who is a non-political former federal prosecutor, has done a response to each allegation. And the facts are much different than what has been portrayed,” Cuomo previously stated. “I want you to know directly from me that I never touched anyone inappropriately or made inappropriate sexual advances.”

“I do embrace people. I do hug people. Men and women,” Cuomo added. “On occasion I do slip and say sweetheart or darling or honey. I do banter with people. I do tell jokes, some better than others. I am the same person in public as I am in private.”

This is a developing story. Check back for updates.

12 responses to “CUOMO QUITS: Andrew Cuomo Resigns as NY Governor Over Sexual Harassment Scandal”

1. theapropos says:

And just like that nursing home deaths are glossed over. Well played sir

2. UppityG says:

I’m not religious either, but I happened to notice years ago that it was the essential values promulgated by the Christian lifestyle that builds clean, beautiful and self-respecting societies. I believe in God and in Christ, as a severely back-slidden Catholic, but I just couldn’t help but notice: wherever Christians have been in the lead and set out the principles by which to make a society that would please God (the devout’s driving goal), well by golly, that’s what they’d build, nothing less. We need to get back to that, pronto.

3. Jay1 says:

Emperor Cuomo
    Mass murderer, Megalomaniac, Abuser of both women and children
    Same with everyone who was “Just following orders” in the NY criminal syndicate I happily left behind:
    Rot in hell, you deserve far worse

4. Lofty1993 says:

It’s hard to see a future where the United States stays united. I’m not super religious but yeah, it was Christian values which built up this country and whether I believe in God I believe in the values we were founded on.
    He really is getting of Scot free and it’s setting a bad precedent for future criminal politicians.

5. matguerra says:

HEY DUDE, SHUT THE FUCK UP ABOUT DELTA VARIANT. YOU DON’T GET A VOICE, YOU DON’T GET TO TELL PEOPLE WHAT TO DO, EVER AGAIN. I’M SURE HE’LL NOW BE ON THE FAST TRACK TO THE NEXT PRESIDENT BC POLITICS…FUCKING MEATBALL DOUCHE.

6. Marilyn says:

Ding dong the bitch is gone!

7. UppityG says:

He really must be prosecuted for that, or it is just one more straw proving that our American Ideals and Standards have eroded past the point of no return.

And that really started happening when we allowed atheists and marxists to bully Christianity and Christendom out of our bodies of governance and institutions of education. We should have not tolerated those who are intolerant of us, for they are death marching America to extinction.

8. UppityG says:

I’m an enemy of the MeToo extortion cartel costumed as a witch hunt for vengeance, camouflaged as a civil rights justice campaign for the poor wimxens who want what none of us can have, which is for their butthurt to be ointmented and the world made fair. They’ve wrongly harmed a lot of men and will simply get away with it. Cf. The Innocence Project for staggering proof.

However.

It appears that the allegations by however many there are in fact (it could’ve been just one victim as far as I’m concerned, with actual proof that can be tried by a court of law) were submitted to an officer of the court, who just so happens to be in the same political party as Cuomo, and said officer, AG Letitia James, conducted an investigation and filed a formal report. That’s how it’s supposed to be done and that founds the case against him more firmly in credible ground.

Do I think NY state will have a chance to turn itself around now? Depends on who runs to take his place. If it’s DeBlasio, I’ll bust out laughing.

NY needs what CA, FL and TX need: a state Electoral College. Because without it, large population states with one or two over-bearing metropolises like CA and NY remain essentially single party blue states, and TX and FL remain mostly red states. And we really must return the selection of state Senators to the state House of Reps.

Because we have far too many inexperienced, immature, gullible, unserious, ill-educated, low attention voters who use emotions to pick their candidate. We’re too easy to manipulate and scare.

9. Swiftmind says:

About time! I am so glad he is gone. But I feel this is really about Covid and how bad he messed up NY state’s response. Since he was set up to be this utter hero with awards and whatnot, they can not remove him for this. It would go against the narratives and have people question what they are being told. So the next best thing, harassment!

10. Lofty1993 says:

Lol, now mention the murders Mr. Cuomo.

11. Another Beer says:

Bye bye, ya pervert murderer! Hope you get jail time, but probably won’t ’cause they control the courts and will fail upward somehow.

12. Fool_Moony says:

Funny world, where killing 13,000+ nursing home patients pale in comparison to sexual harassment