The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention is asking unvaccinated Americans to stay home on Labor Day weekend and skip the celebrations this year.

There are nearly 80 million people who are unvaccinated in the United States.

During a White House briefing on Tuesday, CDC Director Dr. Rochelle Walensky said that those who have not taken the jab should not go out to celebrate during the holiday weekend. Her remarks were prompted by a journalist questioning why the administration has not taken a tougher stance on advising against travel.

“First and foremost, if you are unvaccinated, we would recommend not traveling,” Walensky, adding that those ho are fully vaccinated can travel with “precautions.” She warned that even if they are vaccinated it might not protect them from the Delta variant, however.

“Given where we are with disease transmission right now, we would say that people need to take their own these risks into their own consideration as they think about traveling. If you are unvaccinated, we would recommend not traveling.”

Those who do travel, Walensky said, should celebrate outdoors and wear masks if inside. She also claimed that the face coverings will not be required “forever.”

“Throughout the pandemic, we have seen that the vast majority of transmission takes place among unvaccinated people in closed indoor settings,” Walensky said. “Masks are not forever, but they are for now.”

Roughly 38.6% of all Americans are not fully vaccinated.

Currently, the CDC recommends that if you travel while unvaccinated you should seek testing several days before, wear masks while indoors, avoid crowds, social distance and keep your hands clean. They also recommend getting tested 3-5 days after you travel and self isolating for a week — no matter what your test results say. If you don’t get tested, they agency is urging people to self isolate for more than 10 days.

17 responses to “Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Says the Unvaccinated Should Stay Home on Labor Day Weekend”

1. asianchris says:

LOL self isolate for a week? I wish I could have that kind of time off but sorry lady I have to work 50-60 hours a week and my company depends on me. These people dude. Must be nice to be able to willingly isolate yourself from having to WORK for a week

CDC- Ms. subliminal : “And if you don’t take the carrot you will get the stick. No Halloween , Thanksgiving, or Christmas for you ! ”
    “Coronavirus has given us an opportunity to put some of our programs into place “-Justin Trudeau Canadian Prime Minister .( Paraphrased but as my memory serves from interview much earlier in pandemic.) Anyone who looks at a pandemic as an opportunity for their own agenda is no better than a virus. At least a virus doesn’t pretend to be one thing when in reality…it is another.

3. Maiafay says:

Who made the CDC the gatekeepers of the USA? I don’t remember electing this bitch.

4. IntegratedCrazy says:

Fuck that authoritarian slut.

5. fusion311 says:

So it’s ok for the vaccinated to spread it ?

Counterpoint: Fuck you

7. AussieThinker says:

Australian here, I’m basically being forced to get it. I work in schools as a contractor. All of our teachers and staff are required to have full vaccination or you are unable to work. All public servants are being forced, not just teachers.

We have a government app that we must have on our phones/devices. This app has things on it that are highly personal. For example, our drivers license, Medicare information, and will soon have our vaccine status built into it in the “coming weeks”.
    This means we’ll need to scan a QR code when entering any retail store or place of business.

After watching Sydney Watson and Ellijah yesterday, I must say a large portion of Aussies are not happy. My best friend married an American from California, they [my mate and his wife] are refusing to get the vax. He’s a registered nurse ans has until the end of September to get his vax or he has to quit his job. They also can’t leave and go back to the US because the government here won’t let them without being fully vaccinated.

This country has lost its way. Unfortunately alot of Aussies are not interested in politics. Frustraighting for those that take their rights as citizens seriously.

• IntegratedCrazy says:

Ya shouldn’t have given uo your guns, mate. As far as the liberal commy from california, you can keep it. California is basically a worse version of Australia. They have garbage policies, bs gun laws, and mental illness rotting the state from the inside out.

8. CrispyBacon says:

Wasn’t planning on going anywhere… but now I am. This witch can go pound sand!

9. Unsung_Lord says:

“Masks aren’t forever, but they are for now.” In other words mask are forever until we say they aren’t forever. That’s the only way I can see this statement after all that has been happening. Either way I see no reason to take their recommendation. I choose faith over fear.

10. solidhalon says:

Is this lady out of her mind? I think at this point unvaccinated people simply don’t want it, let them be, for God’s sake.

11. Fool_Moony says:

I’m unvaccinated and Im going to go out and travel this labor day weekend just because she told me I can’t. I will think of her stupid face and fascist attitude as I travel about not spreading Covid since I don’t have it. Stupid b*znitch