Black Lives Matter /

Black Lives Matter Chapter Says Everyone Who Flies American Flag is Dumb and 'Racist'

By Cassandra Fairbanks

The Utah chapter of Black Lives Matter is facing criticism after publishing a lengthy rant demanding that everyone who flies the American flag is “racist.”

The controversial post was published by the group on the Fourth of July.

“When we Black Americans see this flag we know the person flying it is not safe to be around,” Black Lives Matter Utah wrote in their post that included an image of the flag.

“When we see this flag we know the person flying it is a racist. When we see this flag we know that the person flying it lives in a different America than we do,” the post continued. “When we see this flag, we question your intelligence. We know to avoid you. It is a symbol of hatred.”

The anti-American rant continued in a second post from the group on July 6.

“Now I have started a huge controversy. The media now has a hold of it. the controversy stems from me calling the American flag a symbol of hate. I stand by my words,” the post stated.

The group went on to list people that they disagree with politically who have carried the American flag.

“If you see that every person that hates you is carrying an American flag how would you feel about that flag? If every message of hate that you receive comes from a person flying that flag, how would you feel when you see that flag,” they continued. “I feel fear. That is not up for debate. I feel like the person flying it is racist, because every racist that I have come in contact with is either wearing that flag or flying that flag. I feel as if I should avoid that person because they may be dangerous.”

They added, “I told the world that the American flag is a hate symbol. And the world erupted in rage.”

The author went on to say that a member of their organization called them and asked them to take it down because it was divisive. Instead of taking the words to heart, they accused the person of being a bad “ally” and asserted that people have to accept harm to themselves in order to be one.

“We had a long talk. I explained to him that I HAVE to make you uncomfortable. I have to push you. Change is not achieved easily. Allyship is not real unless you are uncomfortable and you have something to lose. It is so easy to throw that Black Lives Matter sign up in your yard and throw on a Black Lives Matter shirt and to claim that you are an ally. That is not allyship. Allyship is confronting your employer who just denied a Black person a job, knowing full well you could lose yours for standing up,” they wrote. “Allyship is being in a crowd of people that you respect and love who just said something racially insensitive and you call them out, knowing that you are outnumbered and you will lose friendships. Allyship is filming that police officer who is profiling a Black person. Standing there and let your presence be known even though your life could be in danger.”

The New York Post reports that “the groups claimed it also ‘received death threats’ — closing down the comments section and vowing to donate $3 for every negative comment toward helping re-elect progressive ‘Squad’ member Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-NY).”

For corrections, please email [email protected]

9 responses to “Black Lives Matter Chapter Says Everyone Who Flies American Flag is Dumb and ‘Racist’”

Raise you kids, losers

2. Bigly12025 says:

I’ve met lex scott, who said these things. She is nothing more than a loud mouthed moron who isn’t aware of her own lack of intelligence. She drives around a car with one headlight and will say that she was racially profiled when she gets pulled over.

3. A.J. says:

Group of communist racist that want to destroy America claims flag of thing they hate and want to destroy is racist. That’s rich.

4. BeLogical says:

So the BBQ I went to on 4th of July hosted by my black friends was really a racist get together?
    The king leader was his wife, she wore an American Flag dress. LOL
    BLM is losing the culture war and I couldn’t be happier. Everything they say is backwards and out right dumb.
    I can’t wait untill their garbage is disposed of.
    Another loss that happened that I’m happy about is the San Francisco Gay Choir.
    When they said they were coming for my children, I knew the backlash wasn’t just going to be me, that’s something you don’t fuck around with.
    I’ll raise my kids properly how I see fit, they aren’t going to brainwash them with their depraved morals. No drag queen story time for my children!

5. _bensuks says:

I really hope these people take bill gates advise and stop reproducing. Hopefully they’ll just fizzle out instead of us having to take care of them

6. UppityG says:

Yeah, no. The lack of self-awareness is comical–and that’s if they’re acting *good* faith, which I’m always skeptical of.
    “We had a long talk. I explained to him that I HAVE to make you uncomfortable. I have to push you. Change is not achieved easily. Allyship is not real unless you are uncomfortable and you have something to lose.”
    Ok, then stop whining about not feeling safe, because you demand your allies not have a safe space from your judgmentalism and militant elitism. He made you uncomfortable with the truth and you retaliated with “You can’t do that to me, but you must allow me to do it to you.”
    These racist paranoid schizoids had better get their political power stripped from them (let’s ignore the corporate media fluffing them up) or they’re going to get a bunch more kids killed for nothing.

7. matguerra says:

http://www.nolidsandapparell.com/stillirise for your american flag tshirts today!

8. PetraTilling says:

Patriots are once again the enemy of the establishment. It had to happen eventually. You know what else is hard fought and comes with a cost? FREEDOM

9. Superwhitt21 says:

Time for a second American Flag to be hanging outside I guess.